The all new Galaxy S21 family has arrived and we couldn't be more excited about our new flagship devices!
This is the *official* Galaxy S21 family reaction thread. What features do you like the most? Got any sneaky tips or tricks that might help out other users? Just want rave about the new device?
Drop all of your comments, reactions and speculations below!
Some quick highlights...
- New, vibrant colors
- 12MP Rear Ultra-Wide Pro Camera System
- 8GB RAM
- Advanced chipset
- Super fast 120Hz refresh rate
- Up to 256 GB of internal storage
- Available for purchase NOW!
Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Upgraded Quad Camera System
- 108MP Camera Sensor
- Bold new design
- 5,000 mAh Battery Capacity
- 6.8" Quad HD+ screen w/Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity O-Display
- 12GB RAM
- Available for purchase NOW!
Solved! Go to Solution.
@FormerIOSuser , I left Samsung after the Note 4 because they have a horrible history of not upgrading their unlocked phones, don't support their phones for more than two updates, AND they continue to lie about the features on their devices. I switched to other Android manufacturers that were more supportive of their products and switched to iPhone when the iPhone X came out with dual sim support and I have never looked back. Samsung has shown me over the years since I left that they care nothing for the consumer and really don't need my money with their horrible business practices of planned obsolescence for the phones and not disclosing true specs of their phones.
I have been a Samsung customer since the S7 days when I left Apple after they removed the headphone jack and I loved the screen on the S7 Edge. I skipped the S8 and loved my S9. Got the 10 and it was the best phone I have ever used. I skipped the S20 and just got my S21. After 2 days of using it, I am SO disappointed and will be sending it back. Here are all my issues with it;
- The screen has NO curve or edge so it is flat and looks like any cheap Android phone. The slight curve on the S10 is a perfect balance between too much edge (S7) and no edge (S21).
- The home/power button is on the middle right and awkward to use. Volume also moved to right.
- The screen itself is slighly blurry compared to the S10 but that I can live with.
- Not having the headphone jack is the worst as I have to use a dongle.
- No heartrate monitor. This was very useful on my S10
- No expandable storage. I have the 256GB model.
IMO, the S10 is the last best phone Samsung made and I ordered one off ebay for $400. I am done with S2x line and unless Samsung re-considers some of their design choices, I am done altogether with them. They are an iPhone running Android.
You hit the nail on the head! A couple days ago I told someone they would be better off hanging onto their S10+ and NOT getting the s21. Samsung has taken so many features away from their customers, it's not funny! - - As you said, the S10+ was probably one of the last "best Samsung phones" ever!