JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One ui 4.1 update on s21 ultra causes home button and back button to not work

(Topic created: 03-21-2022 05:08 PM)
MrEllison
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Well I recently updated to one ui 4.1 and I cannot use the home or back button. It was working perfectly fine before the update. 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
114 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Lots of people complaining about this. File an error report. The more people do the more attention this problem will get.
LM706
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

how do we do this?

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
On the app on the bottom right click Get Help then scroll down until you find Error Reports.
Devildog
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I went to settings - apps and searched for both One UI & Service manager permissions and I clicked forced stop on both.
Clear cache and clear data and now everything is working.

Then I went to backup an restore and clicked restore home screen.
LM706
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I think this was the fix.  Have to clear the data & cache of BOTH of these apps.  Good grief!  What a mess.  Hopefully we are good to go now!

0 Likes
userB5Zdoq5M57
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

This worked for me, too. I lost all the apps on my home screens, though.

LM706
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Me too. I had to add vack all my shortcuts, and change some settings back to how i loke them, but my phone has been working much better since. Yay
0 Likes
RisaBear
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I tried just clearing cache and force stopping Mobile Service Manager, didn't work. Cleared data for the app and now my home button is working again.
LM706
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

i think this is what finally fixed it for me too.  hopefully it STAYS okay and we don't find more issues.  pshew!

0 Likes
Devildog
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
In settings - Apps - click One UI and clear cache/data for that fixed my phone from hanging.
0 Likes