JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Online order Issues

(Topic created on: 2/12/21 4:47 AM)
RonC2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I've been trying to purchase a S21 Ultra,with accessories. No luck. Due to high volume, Samsung tells me I keep getting bounced out. 

361 Replies
CalderCay
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Shipping companies don't care about the boxes they move around, which is why it's imperative to package properly.

I keep the original phone boxes. So my old S10+ was packaged in its original box and I wrapped it in small bubblewrap all around and placed in a box where there was zero movement of the phone box. I did the same with my wife's phone. (Samsung provided FedEx shipping labels)

We got two emails today (for wife's phone and mine), "We’re happy to inform you that your Trade-In Galaxy S10 Plus was successful and your device met all of the eligibility requirements."

So, I suspect the damage wasn't "fabricated" by Samsung ... you might to get with the shipping company about this. Or maybe ask Samsung if they have photos of the damaged boxes?
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userBiz6uqlmW8 I hope you have evidence of the condition all of your devices were in prior to shipping them. I always make videos showing the device turning on, the condition, as well as the box IMEI number. Additionally, you're not shipping your device to "Samsung". It's through one of their 3rd party companies they work with. Supposedly there is a video of a person opening each box and inspecting it to ensure no "fabricated" damage happens. If there was damage, I suspect it happened in transit. I would reach out to the company that you sent the phones to in order to find out more information. I package my trade-ins in the original phone box and added in foam padding and wrapped the entire box in bubble wrap, and I have never had any problems. It never hurts to be extra careful when shipping something of high value. 

0 Likes
userE3lGCK0zqF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I preordered an S21 Plus for a family member to get the $150 promotion of Samsung credit towards purchase of whatever else for me, ordered the phone from Tmobile on 1-16-21, received the phone, registered it with Samsung, and then go to find they now conveniently have no records of the preorder registration on Shop Samsung.  Contacted their Shop Samsung chat who claimed helpless to give the promotion even though preordered and registered.  The chat group could see all this, but claimed to be helpless.  The phone, once set up for the family member is literally in the mail to them.  It isn't like they could try to submit a duplicate promotion request given it is tied to the phone's IMEI.  The promotion wasn't buy a phone to give someone else a $150 credit.  Other than them  just maybe being fraudsters, why wouldn't Samsung give the promotion credit to someone who registered a preorder, preordered well within stated timeframe, received phone, and registered in their system.  Along with the obvious look of being untrustworthy, a lot of time is going to be expelled by them to just process what is owed.  All integrity concerns aside, just stupid business practices.

Jetster
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thats a hefty issue, I dont even know sorry.
0 Likes
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
That's strange I ordered my s21 Ultra through tmobile and it gave me my shop samsung credit. Who did you order yours through?
0 Likes
userE3lGCK0zqF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Ordered from Tmobile.  Had I simply gotten the credit, there would be no issue to report.  It isn't so much there may have been a system mistake in their records, if the "mistake" even exists.  They know I preordered and the IMEI is registered to me.  How difficult is it for an honest to add 2 + 2 = give the credit due?  I  really didn't want to spend time on this, but it may help others.

0 Likes
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Sorry to hear. I hope you can get it. Samsung customer care can be tough to get through. Did they even ask about if you had your pre-order receipt? All I did was enter my information in the Samsung shop app and it went through. I did scan the IMEI number instead of inputting it myself.
0 Likes
userE3lGCK0zqF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I've already received responses in other places with Samsung being no stranger to this scenario.  <edit>

0 Likes
userpQFa55Ui3f
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi!

Between three members of my family, we pre-ordered three s21 Ultra's through Verizon, with trade in promotions, and I have a few questions I could use some help with.

1. I've seen conflicting information on whether or not the $200 credit can only be applied to one order, some say any remaining balance is lost, some say Samsung has sent them separate credits for the remainder?

2. I've seen that it is supposed to be possible to apply multiple credit redemptions onto a single Samsung account. Would this have any potential problems down the line? Can you then use the full 600 at a single time or must it be in three separate $200 batches? Is there anything that the credit can be applied to that this would make sense for?

3. Related to the last, I've seen people mentioning getting the new tablet for ~$70 after the $200 credit, what's the deal here and how?

4. I've also seen references to a student discount, does this only apply to preordering the phone itself through Samsung, so not applicable to me since it was done through Verizon, or can it be used on ordering items with the $200 credit as well?

5. References to a $50 pre-order bonus credit also, best I can tell it was for pre-ordering through Samsung at some point, and so not applicable to having done it through Verizon, but want to make sure.

6. Beyond all this, apparently only certain items can be purchased with the credits, but as the credit has yet to come through I haven't been able to find a exact list of what is eligible, cases, chargers, earbuds for sure, but anything else? Conflicting information on whether watches are eligible and which ones. What would you recommend?

Thank you!

0 Likes
userf6wICc5SlN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
let us know when you get an answer ...good :thumbs_up: questions.
0 Likes