JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Opinions on the S21 series

(Topic created on: 1/23/21 5:29 PM)
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I moved away from Samsung after the Note 3 and went over to Motorola. I had a number of good years with Moto but Lenovo began taking away the features I moved over to them for. So when I saw that even as a current Verizon customer I could get a S21 Ultra w/512K for a $600 discount I jumped ship back to Samsung.

I see most of the posts are exclaiming outrage over the lack of removable storage and over the years my microsd card has become a place to hold a bunch of files I hardly ever use because of my use of cloud storage to keep all my photo's and music. Will I miss having the perceived security of having those files on a memory card and the definite ease of moving it from phone to phone? Sure, but by getting a phone with 512k I'm not really impacted. I do realize that this may be a legitimate deal breaker for some but with the way I use my phone it isn’t...especially at the discounted price.

To me I interpret the lack of a charger as Samsung just being cheap and thinking that they can get away with it because of Apple but in reality it's of no impact to me.  I have more chargers than I can shake a stick at and I think I'm going to go wireless since I also have wireless in my truck.

It's been so long that you've forgotten but the one feature that I really miss is the removable battery and I really wish that would come back.

I'm excited and hopeful that Samsung will take Google and Qualcomm up on their plans to ensure that operating system boosts for new SoCs, beginning with the 888, are available for a longer period of time, four (4) years.

Other than the Camera Mod for my Moto I haven’t had a good phone camera in years so I'm looking forward to that with the S21.

And of course I'm excited to experience the performance and display boost that the S21 Ultra will give me over my previous phones...This will be the first real flagship I've owned since my Note 3.

Admittedly had I not stumbled upon the Verizon deal I would probably not have considered the phone but at that price even with feature issues I couldn't turn it down.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please mark it as Solved so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
378 Replies
AlexS10
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I am unhappy with Samsung decisions for the s21.

I was looking forward to the s21, might as well call it iPhone S21.

* be like iPhone no aux port

* be like iPhone remove the charger($50 for the super fast charger)

* be like iPhone no SD Card.

no

people should skip the s21 and hopefully Samsung loses $$ on this at least then they might fix in time for the note

Echo808
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

They learned after the S6's removal. Hopefully they will again after the S21s.

Mtiede
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21

I have 1TB storage with SD card on my S10.  I THOUGHT about going with the S20, but didn't like camera reviews.  I figured that I would get the S21 because its camera is improved.  But with no SD card, I can't do it.  I've been to 50 countries and have 32,000+ pictures on my phone (last time I looked) and I like sharing them by showing them from my phone.  And I travel to places that don't have cell service, or it is very expensive, so I like have the pictures ON THE PHONE.  I've had OneDrive backup since it was first called SkyDrive, but it is too slow compared to locating and showing things on my phone. (in addition to sometimes not having cell service)

I guess I will have to wait for the S22 or S30 or something.  Bummer.

usernV2fcs00Sg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Wow thanks a lot Samsung. I have owned a S1, S4,S7, and currently a S9 and S20. I was OK with the missing 3.5 jack on the S20 because the SD card was still there. It is time to upgrade the S9. I saw the S21 has no SD card slot  very important to me because I have big files  that must be on an local drive.  I have been a Samsung fan boy for years and Android but now may defect to Apple. Seems Samsung wants to become them and provide no alternatives.

SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
pajogadod
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Samsung I will not be buying the s21 ultra cause you don't have a micro sd card on it . Quit following snapple and bring it back on the s21 I'd rather have a micro sd card slot than a spend. Thanks from a loyal customer. 

usernV2fcs00Sg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Look to buy a new S21+ today and found they no longer support local micro SD cards. I have music on my SD card that I cannot access via cloud services because of the rural areas I drive. And presentation files I can't access. And even 512 memory will not hold all. Looks like Samsung wants to be Apple so I am looking to buy my first IPhone ever. Thanks Samsung

Options
Galaxy S21

You keep doing this @bill-e so I will mention it.  it is 2021 currently, so, thankfully, no phone manufacturer will hold you down to 512KB os storage.  They wont even limit you to 512MB of storage.  The least you can get in this day and age is 64GB.  I think you keep referring to a S21 Ultra with 512GB that you preordered, unless someone at samsung gave you a back door to a manufacturing line where the memory is stuck in 1994.

Smiley LOL

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@usermzeJaY3BsM  you lost me ;)

What do I keep doing?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please mark it as Solved so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

It is 2021, no one will limit you to half a megabyte for memory on a smart phone.

LOL

0 Likes