Original topic:

Pairing dash cam

(Topic created: 11-03-2022 05:33 AM)
Voytek
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi I have a Kenwood Dash Cam DRV-A501W and am trying to pair it with my S21.

When i try it shows in the Wi-Fi section of the mobile that it is an available network. I tap on it and it tries to connect but always fails.

I have reset the phone, cleared the cache but does not help.

I do have the phone paired to the car and that works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am going CRACKERS trying to sort it.

Many thanks

Voytek

0 Likes
6 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
Unfortunately you cannot pair devices via Adhoc Wifi network unless it is a Google or Samsung device. Other brands are not supported.

If your camera supports it, Bluetooth is how you would pair the camera to the phone.
Voytek
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I have tried to pair it via blue tooth several times but the phone automatically switches to the Wi-Fi connection.  I can’t get it to stay on the blue tooth part.  Is it something to do with the settings on my phone.

A colleagues tried to pair with his iPhone and it worked fine so that tells me it’s something to do  with my phone.

Your help in resolving this would be very much appreciated

Thanks

0 Likes
normarae
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Did you ever get it to work? I'm having the same problem.
0 Likes
Voytek
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

No. I think it is a settings problem in the phone but nobody has come up with an answer yet. Very irritating.

0 Likes
normarae
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes, it is frustrating.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I don't think that this is likely to work but you could try WiFi Direct. It's the closest thing to Ad Hoc. 

I read your manual and Bluetooth is not an option. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes