Original topic:

Phone issues

(Topic created: 06-10-2021 08:16 AM)
justjoshtho
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
A few weeks ago my phone had the black screen of death issue where the screen went black and i couldnt unlock the phone. I tried a bunch of methods i found online to fix the issue, including stupidly putting the phone in the freezer for 10 minutes. After several attempts, the phone finally started working again but ive had the following issues:
1) The navigation bar only has a back button, theres no home button or a button for switching apps
2) google play store apps wont download or update
3) Notifications dont show up in the menu at the top

Are these known bugs? Should I go to the store to get help with this? 
0 Likes
5 Replies
DanG92263
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with this issue, but my default answer would be to hard reboot the phone, meaning turn it completely off, waiting 2 full minutes before for restarting. If this does fix the issue, I would then factory reset the phone. Depending on the phone, there may be troubleshooting and diagnostic tools based in that might help.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@justjoshtho I haven't heard of any known bugs with the buttons.

Before going to the store I would.

1. Try Safe Mode
  2. Clear the system cache
  3. Factory Reset without restoring the backuo
  4. If working then try restoring the backup

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
justjoshtho
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Could you please tell me how to do those first two?
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@justjoshtho 

To enter Safe moce press and hold the Power off button icon until a Safe Mode icon appears, then tape the safe mode icon to reboot into Safe Mode.  Safe Mode puts the phone apps into the factory default condition and is normally used to see if any apps are causing a problem.  Restarting the phone normally returns to normal mode of operation.

Follow the instructions in this link to wipe the system cache.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Kitab
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
How can you do safe mode when screen is totally black??
0 Likes