Original topic:

Poor Quality for a 64MP Photo

(Topic created on: 2/14/21 8:53 AM)
Darkhorse41
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

This quality isn't good at all for a 64MP shot! I hope there's going to be a fix for it. It looks like a compression issue and I'm not sure why when the file size is almost 20MB. 
10 Replies
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
What is that a photo of?
And how far away?
And what mode is being used?
0 Likes
Darkhorse41
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It's a photo of a logitech mouse from a couple of feet away in 3:4 64MP mode. it's horrible just like most of the other modes too. you can only use 64MP mode in 3:4 ratio. The second you switch to any other mode it goes to the default quality mode. My S10+ was much better.
0 Likes
Wassep
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
when you zoom in, this case using the 64MP sensor from a few feet away, it will be blurry and shaky because its not what that mode is designed for at all. The S10+ didn't have a telephoto sensor, so it didn't even have the potential to zoom that far in. Use the normal mode for that close of a picture, think of the 64MP mode as a telescope picture.
0 Likes
Darkhorse41
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
That's just one sample. it doesn't really matter even if I'm outside the quality isn't as good as what my S10+ was. It needs some work whether it's hardware or software it's not good. Many others are complaining about the quality also. That photo isn't zoomed it's cropped so the quality is an issue. With a still shot not zoomed at 64MP I should have a very clear photo when it's cropped.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

If you can post the original image so that we can look at the exif info.  Posting that small crop may not be representative of the quality of the photo.  Even expensive class if not used in perfect lighting conditions will be less than perfect at a maximum crop so knowing the parameters and being able to pixel peep the original photo is valuable in the evaluation of a photo.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Darkhorse41
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'll try to put together a fair comparison between what I was getting with the S10+ versus the S21+ I'm not getting close to the quality of what I was getting with the S10+ and apparently lot's of others aren't either. I've tried a multitude of different things and just can't get there. it's either blurry or looks like it's been run through the highest compression there is. I hope I can fix it but I'm thinking a software update might be in order.
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Darkhorse41 

Just so you know, my results are much better than that so you may have an issue.  If you're using the preset focal lengths remember that there are different minimum focus distances for each.  The only way I can get comparable results to this is to move in closer than that distance but otherwise everything is reasonably sharp and exposed for a phone.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Darkhorse41
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Which model are you using?
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Darkhorse41 

Snapdragon Ultra

Bill
---
0 Likes