JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Poor video quality when sending

(Topic created: 02-10-2021 10:28 AM)
MikeyIrish
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21

I have a question. I can't send quality video unless I do it with link sharing.  Sometimes I will take a should video 10 seconds or so and send it to wife or daughter and it's always grainy. They have iPhones but I don't same video to friends with Samsung phones and same results.

Any help would be awesome.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
19 Replies
Solution
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

You have to use a 3rd party messenger app like, Facebook Messenger, Skype, Whatsapp etc. iPhones and Android phones are not compatible in regards of sending high quality videos to each other.

MikeyIrish
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
I 100% get that. I have sent very short video to co-worker with a galaxy and it looks no better. maybe I should try a 3rd party messaging app. as of now I only use the message app installed on my s21
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

For Android users, it's best to use Google Messenger, it has RCS (rich communication service). On my S10+ I had chat features on the Samsung texting app, but it's gone on my S21 Ultra, so I'm using Google now.

0 Likes
MikeyIrish
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
cool.
thanks for taking time to help.
very appreciative
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

No problem at all.

0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
That was my roundabout suggestion, when I mentioned I use Google Messenger (among others) 🙂

It's not the phone ... it's the app in use 🙂
MikeyIrish
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
thanks.
appreciate the help
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
if sending through any text messaging app it will always go out and come in crappy. but advice is using sharing apps and or links. dropbox , google drive , and so on. share link they can then download it and have good quality
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

sending pic/video thru txt message lowers the quality. if you want to send them in original quality, you need to use apps like whatsapp or via bt or linkshare

MikeyIrish
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
I figured but was hoping someone would tell me to change a simple setting or something like that.
my daughter and her mom send videos with perfect quality although they both have iPhones.