Original topic:

Potential Buyers Beware! A confirmed Order isn't really, and Customer Service/Order Support doesn't

(Topic created: 08-29-2021 07:20 PM)
Ordered2Getting1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Posting to maybe save other potential customers the aggravation and/or false hope that there is any actual Customer Service/Order Support. It's become unfortunately clear to me that Samsung has taken the popularity of its devices as license to not properly handle its fulfillment operations nor resolve errors. TL;DR - Samsung's systems may mess up your order, and if they do you'll find out by email after the fact, and the Customer Service/Order Support team will (can?) do nothing at all to actually fix things. Also, "You can always contact us through live chat, scheduling a call, or requesting email support" -- nope, you can't request email support - you can live chat, request a call, or just call.

On 8/22, I ordered two identical phones w/ carrier activation on the same long-standing plan within a half-hour of each other, got confirmations of both orders, and got follow-up positive status updates on 8/24. Great, smooth sailing.

Then on 8/27 (Friday) afternoon I got notice that one of the orders got "cancelled because it could not be completed by my carrier" (which my carrier confirmed did not occur when I immediately contacted them) but the cancellation was declined "because [my order] had already left [Samsung's] shipping facility" (turns out this was also not accurate). OK, some odd system glitch, but when the phone arrives, the carrier can just move ahead as confirmed.

8/28 (Saturday) afternoon I get notified that the same order got "cancelled because it could not be completed by my carrier" (which still did not occur) and was now somehow able to be cancelled (apparently the fulfillment system didn't know where my order items actually were the previous day?). Yikes, but I'm sure Samsung's Support team will be able to resolve this error with minimal difficulty....

I call Customer Service (out and about so can't use Live Chat) and spend 45 minutes of being told (when I'm not on hold) that Order Support can't actually do anything nor have anything done to Orders- including not resolve Orders cancelled by Samsung in error, nor place/replace Orders. The resolution offered is for me to place a new order for the same phone/carrier with some offered compensation for the inconvenience. Supervisor Juthi explicitly confirms that the identical phone/carrier is available to order later that evening for delivery 9/1 as well as confirming that she will email the ticket # of our conversation since I am driving, and also email a summary of our call including the offered compensation. Turns out ~15 minutes later that the phone/carrier is in fact not available to order, and 2 hours later I still hadn't received either of the promised emails.

OK, let's try Live Chat -- 1 hour and 55 minutes of boilerplate responses that sum up to "Chat Support is separate from Phone Support so we have no knowledge of your contact with Phone Support" and Order Support can't do anything to resolve Orders cancelled by Samsung in error and can't place/replace Orders. The only "resolution" offered is for me to place a new order for the same phone/carrier, **which these representatives confirm is not available to do, but still offer as the resolution.**

Next day, let's try Phone Support again at a new number provided by Chat Support since they can't see Phone Support's notes. Re-explain the issue again, ask to speak with a supervisor, get put on hold and then dropped to the end-of-call survey. Call back, refuse to re-explain anything until I am speaking with a supervisor-- get placed on hold, eventually get connected to supervisor Jenny who can apparently see all of the Phone and Chat notes, but has nothing to offer but general apologies regarding the erroneous cancellation, the misrepresentation and lack of follow-through of the other supervisor, nor any resolution to getting the ordered phone/carrier other than to place a new order for the same phone/carrier, **which she confirms is not available to do, but still offers as the resolution.**

She further confirms that there is no one else at Samsung at large with whom I can speak and no one else in any position to provide any support with getting a product that I successfully ordered which Samsung has apparently since sold to someone else. So... the cost of ~5+ hours of my weekend failing to get Samsung to acknowledge let alone fix the initial order error and subsequent problems makes having ordered this phone from Samsung.com a very poor value to put it lightly.

As far as the emails promised at the conclusion of my initial call-- 28 hours, a Live Chat, a hold-and-disconnect, and a second Phone Support supervisor conversation since I was supposed to have received them, I still haven't.

3 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
You might want to escalate your complaints to the corporate level.
Here is the contact information:
https://centralguide.net/samsung-corporate-office-headquarters-address/
Good luck.
HLN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Wow! That is unbelievable.....
Thanks for the heads up!!
0 Likes
Leify
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah they lied to me for a week about skipping over my preorder to fill later placed watch orders and make me wait a month. How did my friends who ordered almost a week later get theirs and are wearing them while I don't have mine shipped? How is that right? I was repeatedly told the delay date was wrong until Friday when the delivery date they said it would meet passed and they couldn't lie anymore. Then suddenly excuses started. Still not fixed and they don't seem to know what the other departments are doing.
0 Likes