Original topic:

Power Button Malfunctioning, (Activates Camera When I Only Press it Once)

(Topic created: 12-06-2021 11:33 AM)
ss02
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello everyone!

I own a Galaxy S21 Ultra. Near the end of October, my phone started having a problem that when I push my physical power button once to turn it off, it occasionally activated my camera instead. I disabled the option in my settings that activates the camera after two rapid presses of the power button, but now the screen just starts **bleep**g out occasionally when I use the power button. After I installed the Novemember system update, it only fixed it for about two weeks, now it's been doing it again. Any known reasons why this is happening? Any solutions to fix it?
0 Likes
12 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Open the settings on your phone and then click on the Lock screen setting and then the secure lock setting to see if you have the lock instantly setting enabled
0 Likes
ss02
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It is enabled. I imagine that may be the situation, now?
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Try removing the settings and then see what happens
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
The feature is a Security setting to allow you to lock your phone with the side key, so if someone picks up your phone without your knowledge, this prevents unwanted people from accessing your phone and other information
0 Likes
ss02
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
So far so good, I haven't had the problem yet, since I disabled it. Thank you very much for your help! Whether this is the resolution or not, I really appreciate it
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Anytime, if you have any further questions just ask
0 Likes
ss02
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hey, if you're still active, do you by any chance have any other suggestions to fix the situation I described? I used your first suggestion, but now it's happening again. I thought I'd check before I contact Samsung Support
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Try opening the settings for biometrics and security then click on the other security settings and then click on trust agents and make sure that you turn on the options for the smart lock and air command then check to see if pin windows is off, if this still doesn't work try removing your biometrics from your phone and then re-add them and remove any face recognition,Screenshot_20211213-171148_Settings_2842_1639433508.jpgScreenshot_20211213-171152_Settings_2843_1639433512.jpg
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
You can also try opening the settings for your advanced features and then click on motions and gestures and turn off all the options Screenshot_20211213-170931_Settings_2841_1639433371.jpg
0 Likes