Original topic:

Pre-installed Screen Protector?

(Topic created: 02-04-2021 11:22 PM)
JawshDarnit
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey there!

Question. I recently pre-ordered the S21 Ultra, my question is - does it include the pre-installed screen protector as the S20 Ultra did in box? Just wondering. 

68 Replies
JC76
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I know it doesn't come with one in the box but does it come with one pre installed on the phone. The guy at my friendly AT&T says it does. He says it is just a thin film that mainly protects from scratches and fingerprints. I have read many articles saying both. I actually have the S21 Ultra and still don't know. If it does, it is definitely a thin film. He recommended putting a tempered glass protector on the phone for extra protection.
user2N2duCVKMz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I got my S21 Ultra, but can't tell...Why aren't there any Samsung employee here to answer such a simple yes or no question?

0 Likes
userS9BHF8D2Le
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I got mine 1/28 it does have a thin film on top of the screen, under the obvious one on top with the tab up top
userER6r3AHxVd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm looking at my S21 ultra now and I CAN SAY, YES IT DOES COME WITH A SCREEN PROTECTOR! 

I bought mine in the UK and received it yesterday. 

0 Likes
EonDrache
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I thought it came with one other than the obvious pull tab one, however mine does not seem to have a 2nd one that is meant to stay on the device. My screen is however acting as though it does have one as mine is scratched beyond belief from just pocket lint after 3 days. I have taken a knife to the edges and I can pull up the actual display but there is no ridge or anything indicating a screen protector. 

0 Likes
MythicPink
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

In this video of a S21 Ultra breakdown, a pre-installed screen protector is removed.

https://youtu.be/Y4wrxLVs3eU?t=80

When looking at my own S21 U, I can't seem to find it. Either the protector is installed absolutely perfectly or it doesn't exist.

Its time to Durability test the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G. Grab your teardown skin here: https://dbrand.com/teardown Samsung has once again released a top ...
0 Likes
Adrock318
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I just received my Galaxy S21 Ultra and I can confirm a pre-installed sceen protector is NOT included. It is unfortunate, but I suspect Samsung decided to not include one because of the new Gorilla Glass Victus. Hopefully it is strong enough to not scratch. I can't see it being a cost issue since it probably costs Samsung 10 cents per device. I will be purchasing a 3rd party screen protector just in case. 

0 Likes
userzfQ0qiTOqw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

It does.

S21 Ultra in Canada, can confirm there is some film that remained when i removed the main protective film it ships with.

Also because yall denying it made me wedge into the corner of it to see, allowing some air and now imma buy a new one.

0 Likes
Shawna
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
I can't really tell
0 Likes