JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Preorder Credit + Free Galaxy SmartTag

(Topic created: 03-06-2021 04:18 PM)
userbrmwcd9JS9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I received the pre-order credit email from a S21 preorder through T-mobile.  The email says "Plus, we'll automatically add your free Galaxy SmartTag at checkout when you redeem."

When I go to checkout the SmartTag is still being charged and is NOT free.  Is anyone having the same problem or know of a way to solve this?  I've cleared browsing history,cache,cookies and those do not work.  I've also tried other browsers and nothing is different. 

Thanks for any replies

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userbrmwcd9JS9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Looks like this is fixed on the backend.  The smart tag is now showing up as 0 in my cart.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Members_aRElTJe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I've had this same problem! So have my other family members. I've been going crazy trying to fix it and every time I get customer service it sends me in a loop. I really hope they respond to this thread

0 Likes
userbrmwcd9JS9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes I've also called customer service and no progress.  I've talked to the promotions/sales department with no luck.  Also hoping if others have the same problem to reply here so we can get some response.

CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
It's this purchase through the T-Mo website, or via Samsung store?

My wife and I each bought our Unlocked S21s using Samsung site and each got the Tag automagically as a freebie ... no "redeeming" involved
0 Likes
userbrmwcd9JS9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I bought the phone through tmobile and went through the preorder credit process here: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/smartphones/galaxy-s21-ultra-5g/samsung-credit/frequently-asked-questions...

You don't get the smart tag right away if you don't preorder through samsung.  If you finish the credit process you eventually get an email with a link that brings you to a page with eligible items you can use with your credit.  Once you go to check out on that page, a smart tag is supposed to be added free of charge.  What happens is the smart tag is still charged at full price of 29.99.  I can remove the smart tag and the 100$ credit still applies, but then I just don't get the free smart tag that was promised.  I have 4 pre order credits, so I was expecting 4 smart tags.  This is pretty frustrating as I've called support multiple times and they just kept transferring me back and forth.  Credit expires 4/30 so hopefully this can be resolved before then.  Don't think I will ever pre-order again because dealing with this has just taken too much time.  At this point it's just about upholding Samsung to their own promo terms

0 Likes
Solution
userbrmwcd9JS9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Looks like this is fixed on the backend.  The smart tag is now showing up as 0 in my cart.

View solution in context

0 Likes