I've had my S21 for about two weeks, and since the very beginning there's an occasional glitch when I tap on an app icon or function, most often when I'm in landscape mode but on occasion in portrait mode as well. Sometimes it even happens when I'm on the home screen (both tapping and swiping). I have auto-rotate engaged, so usually all I need to do is re-orient the phone for things to start working again. On the rare occasions when that doesn't work, if I put the phone to sleep, and then re-awaken it, that clears things up . . . until the next time. It's pretty annoying. Anyone have anything similar?
So a month and a half later and the problem remains. It's consistently inconsistent: The touchscreen often doesn't respond to taps or swipes in landscape mode orientation, and on rare occasions in portrait mode as well. I can usually get it to start working again, but it's annoying. Since no one has responded with a similar issue, I guess it's a warranty issue unique to my phone, so I'll pursue that route.
I can understand how frustrating this is. I recommend that you try clearing the cache partition on your phone. Here are the steps on how to clear the cache partition on your phone.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.