Original topic:

RCS / Enhanced Messages Stopped working

(Topic created: 04-25-2021 06:08 PM)
S_Brownley
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi everyone

Ever since the latest  Firmware update for my Galaxy S21 Ultra i have found i am no longer able to use the Enhanced Messaged for Samsung Messages or RCS chat for Google messages ( i had full functionality before the update ). I have tried the many solutions ie Airplane mode, Un-install/ Reinstall messaging applications, and Carrier services. Also to the extent of fully resetting to factory settings and reinstalling everything.

I know its not a network issue as my wife has the same phone and on same network as myself and is able to use the RCS functions.

Any advice is greatly appreciated 

9 Replies
lzel27
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Same problem here. Started mine just this morning after updating it. I can't send nor receive multi media messages.
DoodBitchn77
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Same issue here. I've tried everything but a factory reset (I refuse). I don't believe it's an issue with the device or service provider.
0 Likes
the_sludge
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Well sh**, I have a 21 ultra myself. And haven't had to send or receive messages
0 Likes
Jnyer27
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Same issue here
0 Likes
Jnyer27
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Did factory reset and still no luck. This is terrible samsung
Jnyer27
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Was working for a few days with samsung messages and stopped today on t-mobile
_Xena_
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having the same issue. It will not let me get into my chat features. Keeps saying registration failed...

Screenshot_20210511-150818_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20210511-150810_Messages.jpg

0 Likes
Blue7
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21

which carrier? have you contacted the carrier? 

submit an error report via samsung members app

0 Likes
LONNIEBX12
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I tried everything from uninstalling re-installing to clear cache, data etc.. only thing that worked for me was delete data in messages app, force stop app, turn off my phone, take out Sim card, put it back and start my phone again. I was being impatient and kept trying that for a week straight. The moment I did it once, waited a full 24 hours without bothering my phone it started working for me
0 Likes