Original topic:

Randomly restarting

(Topic created: 11-19-2021 06:20 PM)
Chrissyw14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Has anyone with the Galaxy S21 randomly restarting gotten their issue resolved?  My phone randomly restarted a few times until one afternoon it restarted multiple times as I was using Samsung internet, later that night it was stuck in a restart loop for a hour until it stopped and I was able to factory reset.  After the reset it would still restart at random times about twice a day.  I took it to Best Buy Geek Squad and they reinstalled the software, but then it continued to restart as I am scrolling through apps, using the camera, making a phone call.  I sent it to Samsung for repair, but Samsung stated they performed tests and could not find anything wrong with the phone.  They ended up sending it back to me, I received it today and as I was setting up the phone it randomly restarted as I was setting up facial recognition.  I talked to Samsung customer service and sent it back for repair again, but I am started to feel defeated.  Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?  Having a phone that restarts at random times is not reliable. 

9 Replies
eminded
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
I would ask for a replacement just tell them it restarts all the time when your using it and tried multiple resets and it's not working.
Laurajean
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the same problem. It's getting very frustrating
0 Likes
Chrissyw14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Have you tried getting it fixed?  Luckily I'm using an old S7 that I happened to have and its a very slow phone but at least it is not randomly restarting on me.

0 Likes
Laurajean
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have had a tech work on it once and another associate try and troubleshoot with me a couple of days ago.
I do have my s9+ I should use it until I figure this out
eminded
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
Maybe try a clear cache. Power off and hold pwr and volume up until you see a selection screen and select clear cache.
0 Likes
mal1739
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I had that same issue and had it taken in to get checked and the "replaced" some things and it still was happening so I got a whole new phone and it hasn't happened since
0 Likes
Chrissyw14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
@mal1739 did you go through Samsung when you were able to get the new phone?
0 Likes
mal1739
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I had insurance on the phone. So that covered it. I go through Verizon, they sent me to a certified Samsung repair shop, they couldn't fix it so they ordered me a new one through insurance
Chrissyw14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Ugh. I just got an email that Samsung is shipping back my phone unrepaired.
0 Likes