JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Receiving phone calls where no one answers on the other end

(Topic created: 10-23-2021 09:59 AM)
1Slick
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Why am I getting call where no one every answer the call. It happens every hour some times 3 time in one hour.. Why? 

How can I stop this?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Probably robocalls. A machine dials your number and if you pick up, then it will attempt to hand you over to a telemarketer or scammer. If they're really busy, may take some time for the person to pick up. The worst thing you can do is pick up, cause then they know that the number does belong to a live person and they'll sell your number to other companies.

The best thing to do is block the number or change your settings so that only people in your contacts can get through to you (cause the phone to ring), all other calls will go to voicemail.

Check too with your phone carrier, some have software that will help you manage these types of calls.

View solution in context

3 Replies
MikeRitt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
its probably the speaker issue caused by the last update try turning on the speakerphone right after answering/calling someone the quieter speaker may not work
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Probably robocalls. A machine dials your number and if you pick up, then it will attempt to hand you over to a telemarketer or scammer. If they're really busy, may take some time for the person to pick up. The worst thing you can do is pick up, cause then they know that the number does belong to a live person and they'll sell your number to other companies.

The best thing to do is block the number or change your settings so that only people in your contacts can get through to you (cause the phone to ring), all other calls will go to voicemail.

Check too with your phone carrier, some have software that will help you manage these types of calls.
communityuser221
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I've had same problem for months awhile back. Researched HOURS ! and Days! .. It's from what I found to believe monitoring system. Once you answer their in. It usually will be from a number that is very similar to your own, just with last four digits of 11 digit phone number different. We have Zero privacy or securities currently.
0 Likes