Original topic:

Recent Software Update Results In Vibration For All Notifications

(Topic created on: 4/13/21 8:16 PM)
Andyw2100
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

My Galaxy S21 Ultra received an update on 4/10. I noticed, after receiving that update, that my phone was vibrating for all notifications and also when I turned the screen off. Digging around a little I realize that the option in Settings/Sounds and Vibration/Notification Vibration Pattern/ no longer shows "none" as an optional vibration pattern. (I believe I must have had set "none" as my Notification Vibration Pattern before this update, either manually, or perhaps by default. I don't remember doing it.)

The result of this is that there is no way to prevent the phone from vibrating on EVERY notification, since a pattern other than none must be set.

I also believe that this vibrating continues for at least some notifications even when the phone is in "Do Not Disturb" mode.

I can't imagine I am the only person experiencing this.

I have reported this to Samsung. Assuming others are experiencing this, it would be great if you could note that here, and also let Samsung technical support know, so that they can get this fixed.

Thanks!

4 Replies
userra3k5CJrcf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes, the same is happening to me. Since the update my phone vibrates with all notifications, when locking the screen, and when charging. I cannot figure out how to turn it off. I had to sleep with my phone on silent because it kept vibrating every few minutes. I have a base S21 256g. 

0 Likes
Andyw2100
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I found a workaround that is working well for me.

In Settings/Sounds and Vibration/Vibration Intensity, it is possible to set the notifications vibration intensity to zero. As far as I can tell, this has the same result as having previously set the vibration pattern for notifications to none.

0 Likes
userra3k5CJrcf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks for the advice. I keep my sound off and use the vibration for notifications so I don't want to completely turn it off. This is driving me nuts though. Planning on taking my phone in to get it looked at this weekend if I can't figure out what is wrong before then.

0 Likes
Suz22
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I need help, please as I received an update on my S20 and my email notifications, texts, all applications are not appearing in the app. However, I receive the notifications at the very top, for instance FB, and all the rest. Verizon suggested that I contact Samsung and I'm using 'Message plus' anybody???
0 Likes