JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refresh rate drops

(Topic created: 12-31-2021 09:28 AM)
TheRev
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
My refresh rate setting keeps changing automatically from 120 [Adaptive] down to 60. [Standard] Really upsets me.

Any suggestions?
0 Likes
10 Replies
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
What is Motion Smoothness set to?
0 Likes
TheRev
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Adaptive...
0 Likes
Solution
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
... it's called Adaptive because it adjusts the refresh rate based on the current scenario.

So if it detects no real screen activity and it wants to conserve battery, it'll throttle refresh down ... Then when it detects a lot of screen activity, it'll boost refresh back to 120
TheRev
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I know, but...

1) Should the actual setting change to Standard.?[60] Mine does.
2) Through Developer Options I show refresh rate. Yes, when Idle it's at 60, and any with activity it goes to 120. Until, the setting changes. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€:male_sign:
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

it's normal to go to 60Hz when idle

TheRev
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I am well aware. The issue is that although I set it at Adaptive, the setting later changes itself to Standard, and thus I have no Adaptive [120] ... only 60.
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Oh that's definitely a bug. I think the title and the description wasn't too clear so many did not understood your issues.

So from what you are saying the adaptive mode isn't sticking and eventually goes back to standard, that is definitely a bug. Do you have any power saving routines maybe that is changing your display back to standard mode maybe?
TheRev
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
That's it, PaperStation. So, sorry all for the confusion. I'll look into a couple of Bixby Routines that deal with power. Thanks.
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
... If you have Power Saving on in Battery and Device Care, it set Motion Smoothness to Standard
0 Likes