Original topic:

Refurbished/Renewed/New

(Topic created: 11-25-2022 04:53 AM)
Ant5555
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi All,
I have recently bought a S21 from third party seller in Walmart.com site. Eventhough it is mentioned as new in the description, how can I verify if my product isn't renewed/refurbished?
Below are box images which raised my suspicion

TIA
16 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Not sure what we're supposed to notice (?)

The labels themselves, which are not factory labels ...
... or
Because the labels have already been cut along the box opening (?).

Anyway, personally, I'd never buy a "brand new" phone off Wally World - many products sold there are 3rd party sellers. I would only buy from Samsung , or an authorized reseller with a solid reputation.
Ant5555
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for replying. I cut those labels while opening the box but I thought there should be sticker with samsung label
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Yea, those are not factory labels ... at least not in the US

So there's no other label that shows the Serial number and IMEI and Model # plus UPC code ?
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I believe if you have Samsung Members on your phone and other Samsung apps it might be the original. Have you checked if the Software was Official on About Phone? Also, check for any details that might set it apart from an actual S21 phone. I don't think it is fake, but also if you have Samsung support, check if the Serial Number is in their system.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't think the OP is worried if it's a real or fake S21 .... they want to know if it's "new" or if it's used or a refurb. You can buy official S21 phones that are not new.
0 Likes
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Oh yeah, my bad. I'm not sure if this will help, but look for any signs of use on the phone like scratches on the frame or glass and maybe check the Run time and battery health, though it may not help much as the battery might've already degraded a bit and in my experience Run time doesn't show the exact time it has been running since used.
0 Likes
Ant5555
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for replying. It's definitely not a fake product but I'm thinking it might be a refurbished one
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Here's what our boxes look like , front and back, bought directly from Samsung, both Unlocked

Notice the IMEI, Model , Serial tags on bottom edge side .... and the clear round security tape on each edge along opening on back side
.20221125_083153_1000000732_1669386888.jpg20221125_083141_1000000731_1669387034.jpg
0 Likes
ILoveGabcom
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Try either of the first two methods described here - https://krispitech.com/how-to-check-if-your-android-phone-is-new-or-refurbished/
0 Likes