Original topic:

Replacement phone issues

(Topic created: 06-27-2022 06:31 PM)
skinnyminnow
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Last week the ocean ate my phone and I got a new one in the mail 4 days later. I went thru the steps and thought almost everything should be restored. I have the google cloud or whatever, I even pay the $1.99 a month for the extra storage. But the last 6 months of my pictures are gone. I called Google and the guy tried to help, we went thru the steps etc but after a while of trying said they're gone and there's nothing else to be done but that seems weird. Why just the last 6 months? But even if those can't be restored (I've lost hope for it but am open to suggestions, cus it is pretty devastating tbh) I'm missing random texts. Like huge chunks of conversations and stuff. Not entire texts, just random messages here and there, and in one case 95% of one whole convo, but random parts of it that make up said missing 95%. It doesn't make sense. 

I've seen posts in reddit about there being wonky wifi or something sometimes when you first restore things and maybe doing a factory reset again on solid wifi can restore whats lost. I DID get stuck on one spot during the restore and left my home wifi to go to the t-mobile store for help (the new 2-step authentication threw me for a loop for a second), so maybe jumping from my wifi to mobile data and back to my wifi messed some stuff up? Anyone have any experience with this? Is there a way to do it without FR? Thanks for any and all input! 
1 Reply
skinnyminnow
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Update: I restored my texts by restoring a slightly older version of a backup in Samsung cloud. But if someone could tell me how to get back the last 6 months of photos I'll give you a cookie
0 Likes