Original topic:

Reporting recent Android 12 One UI 4 update issues

(Topic created: 11-28-2021 07:04 AM)
userHEQa0k3fKn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello & Greetings

I'd like to report about some problems and useful features that removed after Samsung S21 ultra Android 12 One UI 4 update :

One significant feature was side panel clipboard sorting ( categories ) that removed in the recent update , so disappointing to see most of the developer groups creativity is summarised in removing useful and practical features like the one feature in Android 10 which we could choose the brief pop-up colour for every application separately that was removed in Android 11 , why to do such a pointless & in vain actions ?

Side panel is not available when using keyboard ( in my case Gboard ) unlike Android 11

Scrolling stutters in the 60 Hz standard mode
unlike Android 11 which was also smooth in
60 Hz mode beside adaptive 120 Hz mode

Screen lags when using camera and is not
smooth at all

Can't use notification panel in extended ( 3 rows ) mode when have multi Sim info option enabled ( why would you do this ? ) Because Sim option icons are so big in New UI that can't fit both in ...

It was much easier when we had both SIM and all panel buttons together

Finally I would appreciate that if you consider adding the option to show other calendars beside (or rather than )  hijri ( e.g. shamsi ) in Lock screen !!

And the option that we could disable showing and Saving screenshots in clipboard ( specifically side panel clipboard )

By the way I want to share this issue with your support team when we restart the device or opening the secure folder , it's so annoying that it does not come with the feature that we enable in the setting to let us skip pin/password login and always use the biometrics  with our own responsibility  (it's faster and easier & more comfortable ) 🙃 & if you remind us about the privacy & security I say you can add the responsibility agreement option ( like : I take full responsibility for it checkbox )  in the lock screen security settings

At the end I would be thankful and appreciate that if you somehow let me know you got my message and would consider this issues and continue to solve them , so again thanks for your support and aiding customers

Sorry if my English wasn't so good

It was a pleasure to contact with you ! :wilted_flower:🙂🙂💙💙🧡

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out and providing us feedback on the new update. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Robnarok
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Frame rare drops in just about everything but native apps. When trying to edit a portrait photo to color point the app instantly crashes and there's quite a few more. This update was not ready to roll out.
0 Likes
userHEQa0k3fKn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
  • And one significant malfunction that I missed to write here was that the quick share option is not working at all , and almost all the times I receive the (couldn't send or receive & The other device has been notified & can try again ) error , I only was able to send one photo to another Samsung phone using quick share and it was only a one time joyful experience that couldn't stay constant and stable and that was all , I'm deeply in wonder why no person nor  Samsung support is taking this problem seriously , this issue existed in Android 11 until now and everybody is acting like this is a trivial topic which is not worth discussing and trying to solve , it is a really time saving and comforting option , Samsung why are you do indifferent to these things ?
0 Likes
userrfsAImDIi1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

on my s21 ultra, I can no longer tap in the space next to the apps on the recent apps screen to dismiss the recents screen. Now you can only "close all" or swipe back to exit.

Works as intended for Samsung default launcher. Broken for Nova launcher.

Screenshot_20211210-234256_One UI Home.png

0 Likes
userHEQa0k3fKn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
  • another issue that I've noticed is that installing the apps and apks speed has remarkably dropped after Android 12 one UI 4 update , and as I remember the installing speed of applications and apks on Android 11 was so fast and immediate that we didn't even notice when it was happening  , and  despite of all the detailed and extended issues and matters that were discussed here there was not even a little slight response or acknowledgment from the support and customers care team and if you care about your customers problems and issues please let us know right here in this topic if you are working on these issues and intending to solve them , and we feel deeply sorry for rolling out this deformed update that could damage our high value smartphones and being this irresponsible and how unfairly you took your approach over your customers and people who put their trust in your products and company ☹️👎🏻
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out and providing us feedback on the new update. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes