JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Restoring an apps notification sound?

(Topic created: 03-31-2023 05:33 AM)
CarlosV93
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

How can I restore the apps original notification sound? Currently for my Ring App and Snapchat it does not make its original app sound, but the same notification sound is used for almost every app. It would be amazing to restore to original sound to distinguish the notifications from the different apps.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Settings->Notifications->App Notifications->Snapchat (toggle on and then press and hold until another menu opens)->Notification Categories->Snaps and Chats (toggle on and then press and hold until another menu opens)->Sound->Pick your sound

Do the same for your Ring app

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

4 Replies
SKLZWL
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Try this. Settings > Apps > Select an app > Notifications > Sound, then you may find that it is has 'App approved sound' as it's default.
0 Likes
CarlosV93
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It doesn't work
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Settings->Notifications->App Notifications->Snapchat (toggle on and then press and hold until another menu opens)->Notification Categories->Snaps and Chats (toggle on and then press and hold until another menu opens)->Sound->Pick your sound

Do the same for your Ring app

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
CarlosV93
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
This worked, thank you! It was for my elderly parents so they can hear the Ring doorbell.
0 Likes