JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S Pen Pro won't connect to Samsung S21 Ultra

(Topic created: 03-27-2021 10:38 AM)
userHqwVCwvMFF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I have a S Pen pro that I received with my tab s7plus. I tried connecting that S pen to my s21 ultra but they don't connect via bluetooth like my Tab S7 does.  Also, the the s-pen options under advanced features are limited w/o functions like air gestures.  So is a software update necessary to get bluetooth features?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

The S21 will need a s/w update, presumably when they release the S-Pen Pro, in order to enable those features and I don't think we know yet exactly what the features will be.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
userHqwVCwvMFF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Understand.  I was hoping that the Tab S-pen would work and didn't realize that an update was necessary as well.  Thanks.

0 Likes
userHqwVCwvMFF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

On the topic, do you have an idea on when the S-pen pro will be available?

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Most of us are assuming that current BT S-Pens will work when the phone is updated but that's just a guess.  Samsung has been dead silent with regard to the release of the new Pen.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes