Original topic:

S pen July 21st 2021 update for galaxy s21 ultra

(Topic created: 07-21-2021 07:31 AM)
Jedidre
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
So I just got a new S pen yesterday and it worked fine on my Galaxy S21 ultra and I just did the latest security update about an hour ago and I went to go use my S pen and it is not responding whatsoever. I've gone into the settings I've toggled on and off all of the switches thinking that maybe something got shut off but that has not worked. Is anybody else having  this problem?
0 Likes
13 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Jedidre  First boot to safe mode and try as it may be another installed app that isnt working with the update.  Also try clearing the system cache.

Just a data point, my Ultra is up to date and the S-Pen is working.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
RobinLW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
my S pen for 21 Ultra 5g came with NO instructions and a block box with a metal clip NOT written in English .

There is a switch button on the pen, what is it for

Help on phone no help
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@RobinLW  What is the part number of the s-pen you have?  And is what your referring to as a switch a button on the side of the pen towards the tip?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
userR84QPaZ50b
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you tried resting the S pen. Go to settings then go to Advanced Features than go to S pen then to Air Actions and in the Upper right corner press the 3 dots and press Reset S pen. Mine is not working on my Note 10 plus and they want me to pay $117.98 to fix....Really now!!
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userR84QPaZ50b  Yea, forgot about resetting the S-Pen...good call

Bill
---
Jedidre
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Wait what I think he's saying to try resetting th s pen not that resetting caused his problem. And as far as booting into safe mode I didn't download anything after I updated so how would it be an app
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Jedidre the update could have messed with a previously installed app.  It takes 2 seconds to boot to Safe Mode, try  it. 

And Yes, he is suggesting that you reset the S-Pen but thinking about it, we don't have a Bluetooth S-Pen yet so there is no reset option.

I'm not sure why people are asking users to tell them what the s/w version is, nothing much one can do with that info.

Bill
---
0 Likes
Smew
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

1. Have you submitted an error report through the Samsung Members app?  Try doing that! 

2. Also what software version is your phone on in particular? (Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Build Number [last 4 characters])

RobinLW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Just recvd on 19th
Android 11 OU I3
0 Likes