Original topic:

S-view cover

(Topic created on: 2/7/21 5:36 PM)
Samsung_kweEow8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Just letting you know that the s-view cover for the new s21 ultra is damaging phones. I installed the cover on my phone before my screen protector arrived. The spine on the cover allows the s-view window to move back and forth against the screen. Since my s-view cover has a slightly sharp ridge it scratched my screen leaving scratches right along we’re the s-view cover touches the screen.

10 Replies
MrsThang128
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Oh no. Don't say that. I'm waiting on mine to arrive. I was really excited about that. It's this for the cover with S-pen? This is the one I ordered.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Samsung_kweEow8 are you positive it's the screen that is scratched? Plastic shouldn't be able to scratch the screen at all.  Make sure there isn't a preinstalled plastic film screen protector on your phone. 

Samsung_kweEow8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Sorry to be short but every time I log in and reply I get logged out and my reply doesn’t show up.

1. The hard ridge is where the plastic meets the normal cover material. The cover material is the hard ridge not the plastic.

2. I constantly checked when I had no screen protector for dirt.

3. I don’t expect a new phone I just wanted to warn people to have a screen protector when using this cover.

4. Scratches are appearing on my screen protector in the same area . 

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Samsung_kweEow8 is the "hard ridge" not made of plastic? Did you confirm 100% that no other screen protector was on prior to the new one you had put on? Again, even keys have been tested to not scratch recently Galaxy screens.

Samsung_kweEow8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Once again the hard ridge is the cover material not the plastic. This phone was just released, I have only used it for a few days. There was no preinstalled screen protector like on previous Samsung phones. Just an easily removed and obvious packaging screen cover. I understand this glass has been shown to be extremely tough glass hence my surprise to see scratches. Once again I’m sure the Samsung press department will undermine me with some more obvious questions instead of offering any help. If you buy this cover be careful. 

VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Samsung_kweEow8 I believe it's a type of plastic. I don't know what else it could be made of? I'm honestly trying to understand what caused the scratches, but there is little I can do to "help" you. I can't come and replace your screen, or buff the scratches out, as much as I may want to. I'm not trying to "undermine" you either, just trying to help the best I am able. 

I really doubt that the case itself scratched it. Far more likely is that a tiny piece of sand or dirt got caught in between the case and the screen where it meets the edge, even though you said you had been checking. Because dirt and sand can be made of quartz, and other harder minerals, the screen could have easily been scratched in a matter of no time. 

If you really want you can contact Samsung about it. I'm sure they would be willing to do something for you if you explain to them what happened, considering it is a brand new device. 

Samsung_kweEow8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I did forget to mention the scratches occur intermittently from the top of were the s-view cover touches the glass to the bottom . The worse scratches occur at the top and the bottom. I also checked constantly for dirt because I didn’t have a screen protector yet and I have ocd about things like that. I would of guessed it was dirt too except like I said it was only were the ridge touches the screen and all along that area from top to bottom. 

userEE1adhwSJH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have contacted Samsung but not holding my breath, I will need a new cover and screen protector. It's a pretty shocking flaw for an expensive case

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

A while back the keyboard cover for the Tab S4 was scratching screens and I believe that Samsung took care of the people who let them know.

While the screen is glass it's really a composition which is a compromise between scratch resistance and anti shatter and I'm not surprised at all that it got scratched by the cover.

Good Luck

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes