Original topic:

S21 5G Blurry Camera

(Topic created: 07-15-2021 06:58 PM)
JoeBlackFox
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I upgraded from S10e to S21 5G and I'm very disappointed with the main camera, it takes pictures with blurry edges, only the central area is real sharp. This is especially noticeable when I take a picture of a light object on a black background. Colors are also not correct. I suppose that it may be a problem with post-processing. My old S10e takes perfect sharp pictures, I have compared both smartphones under the same conditions.

3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

0 Likes
9 Replies
SheSharpShoots
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm sure you removed the plastic from the lense. I recommend cleaning the lenses. This should solve the problem. Other wise, look for a Crack. They can be hard to see
0 Likes
JoeBlackFox
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes, there is no protective plastic. The lens is clean, no cracks, I have checked it with 10x magnification. I also installed the last software version.

0 Likes
LGC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Try cleaning the cache and data of your camera. If doesn't work and you just purchased your phone, return ask for the refund and buy another. Otherwise they will request to send the phone for repair .
0 Likes
JoeBlackFox
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I suppose that the problem is in post-processing, because if I take a picture of the same object on a light background, the edges look much sharper.

If you have a S21 phone you can repeat my experiment - just take a picture of a dollar bill on a black background.

0 Likes
LGC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Mine shows OK 20210715_234236_15791.jpg20210715_234300_15792.jpg
0 Likes
JoeBlackFox
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I took a picture under the bright sunlight. Here is the original image.20210712_125648 copy.jpg

0 Likes
Tonilee11
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Me too
0 Likes
Smew
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

@JoeBlackFox  What are your camera settings on ? Some settings like the highest resolution on have trouble focusing but adjusting the that can fix up-close focusing. in other words try the [9:16] ratio instead of the 3:4 64MP settings since that one has trouble focusing up close

0 Likes
JoeBlackFox
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I tried different settings. The central area is sharp, so this is not a focusing issue.

0 Likes