Original topic:

S21 5G Locking Up and Restarting

(Topic created: 08-09-2021 02:33 PM)
ThunderFan78
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
S21 is 4 months old. Has been freezing and restarting automatically up to 20x per day, often within 30 seconds of the previous restart.  Have done a full factory reset and reloaded fewer apps.  Have also reset network settings and have tried booting in Safe mode.  The phone froze and restarted less than 30 seconds after booting in Safe Mode.  Called Samsung and they didn't have any other troubleshooting that could be done, so they said to send in my phone with a 9 business day turnaround time (meaning I'm without my phone for 2 weeks) or drive an hour away to the closest Warranty location (which is in a town of 50k people 45 miles from me, and I live in a major metro area with >1M people), or trade in my phone (meaning buy a new phone), or buy Samsung Care+ for an additional $230.  This phone is in great shape and is only 4 months old.  I believe it to be a manufacturing defect, and there are no good options to get it fixed without major personal inconvenience. Oh yeah, they also said to call my carrier for a loaner, but I bought this phone directly from Samsung.  Why should my carrier shell out to fix a Samsung problem?  Come on, Samsung.  Do Better.

Anything I've missed to try to fix this?
7 Replies
unhappy_S21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
In the EXACT same boat. Just know they can't help you at the warranty site. They just told me there was nothing they could do that I hadn't already done - i.e. factory setting reset.
0 Likes
ThunderFan78
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I ended up sending in my phone to the warranty center and they fixed it. They had to replace a circuit card. I was phoneless for 9 days, but it worked out in the end.
0 Likes
unhappy_S21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks. That gives me hope. I had to buy a cheap pre-paid so I can work and mail the phone in.
0 Likes
unhappy_S21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
UPDATE - Mailed in phone for service. It was supposedly fixed, but it's NOT. Samsung has been NO Help whatsoever but wants me to mail it back again. SAMSUNG HAS BECOME TRASH
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi, I am very sorry you are going through this issue with getting the device repaired.

If you are able, please send me a private message, either by clicking onto my profile and clicking Send a Message, or using this link: https://bit.ly/3hzZfw8

Please make sure to include the following information for the most expedient assistance in the private message:

Full Name:

Physical address (including city, state, and zip code):

Email Address:

Best Contact Number:

Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)

Model Code:

Serial/IMEI Number:

0 Likes
unhappy_S21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I love the disclaimer that if I follow the link that I am responsible for all damage resulting if I proceed...
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi, I apologize if it appears that way. The shortened link is 100% safe, and leads directly to my private messages here on the forum. If the link does not work or you prefer the full link, you can click here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/16272049

0 Likes