JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 5g unlocked ineligible on any network

(Topic created on: 2/2/21 4:56 PM)
userQzLGjZNKDE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

i have delivered 2x S21 ultra 5g unlocked devices. i have been trying for 2 days to add these phones to my current carrier and they are "ineligible based on imei". i have tried verizon, t-mobile, google fi, etc. and all ineligible.

what is going on here. i was shipped these 2 days ago and cannot use them?  is this because the IMEIs have not been released yet?

or are these devices "bad" and i will need replacements?

VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Adv360 hey there! So sorry to hear you're having some problems. Have you contacted your carrier regarding your mobile network issue by chance? 

0 Likes
Grench
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Also did u get a new Sim with ur phone?
userjMfFoxSIrX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I have issues too: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S21/S21-Ultra-5G-Issues/td-p/1676443

As well as other users on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/l7idnv/mobile_data_not_working_on_s21_ultra/

For me it's the 5g band that makes it not connect. If you go into mobile netwrks and coose LTE (non 5g one) it connects.

0 Likes
Adv360
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
yes we switched out the Sim card, reset the mobile network, factory reset the phone. I spent like 2hrs at the store trying to fix it and even tech support couldn't resolve it.
0 Likes
Grench
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Sent that puppy back for a free replacement...Don't wait for software,it might not be a wide spread issue..
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
try a network reset
0 Likes
Adv360
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
already did that
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Please speak with your carrier regarding issues using their services. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userjMfFoxSIrX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

There is a post on Reddit already, but wanted to start one here. I am having issues with my T-Mobile S21 Ultra and 5G. I've been home for 2 days since getting it (pandemic and all) went for a walk this morning and could not connect to anything. Tried various things, until I found turning 5G off got me connected. Looked online and saw others were havin this issue and some had success changing the APN Protocol setting from IPv6 to IPv4/IPv6. Well that kind of worked for me, it connects, but slowly and with pockets of no data still happening. 

I compared my new TMo S21 Ultra to an unlocked Verizon S20+, and it was astoundingly bad (same SIM on both phones):

5G Speeds S21 Utra test 1 - Ping:9999, DL: 3.22 Mbps, UL: .08 Mbps

5G Speeds S21 Utra test 2 - Ping:449, DL: 12.36 Mbps, UL: .16 Mbps

4G Speeds S21 Utra test 1 - Ping:62, DL: 11.24 Mbps, UL: .05 Mbps

5G Speeds S20+ test 1 - Ping:18, DL: 27.8 Mbps, UL: 4.12 Mbps

5G Speeds S20+ test 2 - Ping:20, DL: 38.3 Mbps, UL: 2.18 Mbps

Something is not right here

RweThrYt54
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm examine my Samsung device and I have found a huge issue. Not sure if u have gone this route to understand why u are unhappy w the devise. Under Legal. OPEN SOURCE CODE. READ ALL U CAN. PLEASE RESPOND. THX. I WILL LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR FINDINGS.
0 Likes