JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 5g unlocked ineligible on any network

(Topic created on: 2/2/21 5:02 PM)
userQzLGjZNKDE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

i have delivered 2x S21 ultra 5g unlocked devices. i have been trying for 2 days to add these phones to my current carrier and they are "ineligible based on imei". i have tried verizon, t-mobile, google fi, etc. and all ineligible.

what is going on here. i was shipped these 2 days ago and cannot use them?  is this because the IMEIs have not been released yet?

or are these devices "bad" and i will need replacements?

Phil413
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm in the same boat... disappointed that I can't turn off 5G. I have the S21 unlocked on a Verizon MVNO.
0 Likes
Phil413
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I downloaded an app called Samsung Band Selection (not made by Samsung). It allowed me to set the "Preferred Network Type" to LTE and not 5G. I have yet to test that 5G is actually disabled since I'm pretty far away from a Verizon tower. I plan to test this the next time I'm close to a tower.
0 Likes
Phil413
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I can confirm that I was able to toggle between 5G and LTE using this app earlier today.
0 Likes
Petewestraw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Just purchased the S21, tried to switch from the 4g plan to Verizons 5G UW, I tried it online and it tells me to check back later. So i called them, spent 3 hours on the phone with them and they are telling its the phone and they have to enter a ticket, which will take 5-7 business days, this is comical........

0 Likes
RFNAPLES
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have Spectrum which uses Verizon. They couldn't provision my SIM until 1/29, the official release date. I purchased an unlocked Samsung S21 Ultra 5G 512GB directly from Samsung. I received it on 1/27.
0 Likes
userjJjsRtZByg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi I bought a 21+ but volte doesn't work. I tried to force 4g but in this case calls didn't work at all. SIM is vodafone (and volte works in other phones) and my phone has a vodafone firmware... 

What can I do?

0 Likes
drew272011
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
have you enabled the feature on your beast of a phone ?
0 Likes
Grench
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21

The first one is from Google search bar...Just type in speed test..
The second one is from t mobile...
Remember t mobile us low band,mid band..
What u think,and post ur speeds and cell company...
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

We appreciate your post!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Adv360
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
So I just switched from my note 8 to the s21 ultra and it cannot connect to my lte network. I spent quite a bit on this phone for it not to work. I got 14 days to hope Samsung puts out an update and fixes this. If not I'm just going to iPhone or pixel :pouting_face::loudly_crying_face:
0 Likes