Original topic:

S21+, Android Auto, Navigation, Music

(Topic created: 07-19-2021 10:03 AM)
Jen H
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I just recently purchased the new S21+ and have paired my phone with my 2020 Jeep Cherokee Sport but cannot get android auto, uconnect, navigation, music to load/connect.  The only thing working is incoming and outgoing phone calls. 

I have tried to update uconnect (v8.4), uninstall/reinstall Android Auto, update/disable Chrome, tried with multiple OEM cables, all to no avail.

I spend a ton of time driving and currently the only way I can see my navigation is to not have my phone plugged directly into the jeep, otherwise the "onboard" navigation tries to take over and promptly fails, defeats the purpose on charging while I drive to my next work destination. 

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated

0 Likes
12 Replies
Grma
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Try resetting your jeep console to factory settings.. I just bought a 2021 Nissan Murano and everything worked like a charm until I called SIRIUS XM to transfer my old car account to my new one.. then I could not do anything any more..

Just this past weekend.. I got mad.. and found the reset in settings on the radio console.. reset it to factory.. and everything works now!

One word of advice... though.. and this something I have to look into as well on my car.. while I was playing around with it.. i did plug in my USB phone to car.. and didn't read the screen correctly... and had it set to move files.. that's when I got mad.. lol

If you want to charge ur phone while driving.. when u plug it in.. watch the messages that pop up..

Oo and.. at least in my car.. old and new.. android auto only comes up when I have my phone plugged into my car.. not sure how your jeep is
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I have a 20 Ram with 12" and it works fine.  Have you deleted EVERYTHING from the Projection Manager and the tried to reconnect?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Grma
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Along the same topic here.. I found last night that my phone has android auto wirelessly.. got a new button to play with now!.. after.. I find out where I found it last night that is lol
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Grma for wireless to work you will need a audio head unit with built in WiFi. for AA.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Grma
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
So you are saying.. that I would have to wear my ear buds in my car if I want to use the wireless android auto? ... if so.. that defeats any purpose of in car talking on the phone ...
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Grma No, what I'm saying is that the audio system (head unit) in the car has to be designed with built-in WiFi and the software in that audio system has to be written and compatible with the new AA WiFi capability.

Cars are just now coming out with this capability in some radios but it was introduces in Android 11 on our devices.  Virtually every car pre 2020 isn't compatible (and only some of the 2021's are) and is not upgradeable short of buying an aftermarket dongle or a new head unit.

Bill
---
0 Likes
Grma
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Ooo.. lol... oops.. now I understand..
My 2018 and 2020 Rogues had wireless built into the system connections ..but my 2018 and 2020 Sentras did not... my new 2021 Murano does!

So I can use Android Auto with my Murano then..

I didn't know it was on the phone...(I never drive anywhere since I work from home) so I am excited to try it out ..next time I go out to my driveway lol
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Grma Having wifi in your audio unit (mine does too) is not the same as being wifi compatible with AA or Carplay.  The head unit needs to be running compatible software and I'd bet neither of your cars are unless they advertised wireless AA and Carplay.  Try it but I doubt it's going to work.

Bill
---
0 Likes
Grma
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
I will let you know... I will have to check paperwork but off the top of my head.. there is car play on the Murano
0 Likes