Original topic:

S21 Bluetooth Assistant API Call is not using Google Assistant

(Topic created on: 5/11/21 4:58 PM)
Options
Galaxy S21

On the US Galaxy S21, Google is set as the "Digital assistant app" default, yet when my Bluetooth headset does an API call for the native assistant, it is bringing up Bixby instead.   When a Bluetooth headset is making an API call for the assistant on the S21, and the default is set to Google, it should be bringing up Google Assistant, not Bixby.  This works properly on the S10 and S20, just not the S21 currently.  Creating a post for Samsung engineers to review.  If Samsung needs a direct response from me, they can @ me or DM/PM me.

Model:  SM-G991U1

Baseband:  G991U1UEU1AUA3

5 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21

so when you say either "Hey Google" or "Ok Google" via BT headset, the device is bringing up Bixby?!?!?!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

have you enabled "Allow Bluetooth requests with device locked" in the device assistance app settings?

settings > apps > choose default apps > digital assistant app > press the setting icon in the device assistance app tab

0 Likes
userZZUyUXAjnt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the same problem.  From all my BT devices.   All my defaults are set to Google assistant and when accessed thru BT link,  goes to Bixby. 

Any updates on this?

0 Likes
Samsung_HIINuXy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm having the same issue. This wasn't a problem on my S10e. Any update on resolving this?

0 Likes
Samsung_HIINuXy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Just found a solution to this. Go to:

Settings > Apps > Bixby Voice > Set as Default > Clear Defaults

Next time you activate the voice assistant from your headphones, it'll prompt you to choose a default app. Choose Google instead of Bixby.