Original topic:

S21 Bricked??

(Topic created: 09-29-2021 07:15 PM)
LorenzoARod
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
My little brother went to do the software update on his S21 and this popped up shortly after. Holding the vol. down and side key only restarts for a moment and then this screen pops back up. It's been like this for almost 24 hours. No buttons were pressed to get it to this point. Update was downloaded, update was selected to install then it defaulted to this screen on its own after about an hour of "installing" the new update.

Is this it??? My first Samsung phone death??

JUMP TO SOLUTION
26 Replies
LorenzoARod
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Yss
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Seems like there is a thread on XDA with user having same issue after every update. You will have to either have Samsung fix it or use ODIN to flash, but you definitely have to get the right version of firmware and follow instructions.
BEN83
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Your brother should never press any keys when the phone is in process of installing new updates. When I get updates I just let phone to update without pressing keys.
0 Likes
LorenzoARod
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Please re-read. No buttons were initially pressed.
0 Likes
Jamess467
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
You stated that your younger brother went to update the phone... was it through the settings/about section? Then tissue was downloaded and, it defaulted to this screen... the Odin flash firmware screen... it is really soft bricked . The fix will then be to reflash the firmware back unto your device. As you stated, it wasn't something anyone did, it was a bad update. Odin will be a life saver.
usereQAW89uOlA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

My phone did the same thing, I contacted Samsung and told me to take it to the repair shop to be fixed. The repair shop had it for 2 days and was unable to fix and told me the phone is not repairable. I contacted Samsung again and I have now sent it back to Samsung for them to try and repair since I know it is the blue screen of death I am hoping they will replace my 6 month old phone. I have the S21 Plus and it happened when I was doing an update and I did not touch the phone during the update. Now I am waiting on Samsung to tell me what they are going to do. It has been a fight because I was told I would have to buy an extended warranty to have the phone replaced and I told them it is within the 1 year manufactured warranty. Good Luck. 

0 Likes
LorenzoARod
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
We're at the repair point as well. Tried troubleshooting with a Samsung rep over the weekend and they said to take it to a repair shop so we'll see.
0 Likes