Original topic:

S21 Camera shaking, photos blurry, and app lags

(Topic created: 03-01-2021 03:58 PM)
Options
Galaxy S21

S21 Camera app is really buggy at launch and even with running the 2/1/2021 update. The pictures are blurry, there is camera shake even though phone is not moving. The app is very laggy and seems to have memory issues because I find that after using the camera most of my recent apps are closed. Happening on two different S21s. Reported in the Samsung members app as well.

Model: SM-G991U1 (US UNLOCKED, Snapdragon)

Baseband: G991U1UEU1AUAG

8 Replies
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Odd ... which chipset?
0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

try report the issue on samsung members app. 

i have same version as yours but i dont have any issue with my camera

0 Likes
bmwcomp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
yes pictures are blurry with S21 ULTRA
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

" there is camera shake even though phone is in a tripod and not moving"

That is normally an result of having OIS on while on a tripod.  If you're shooting video turn off video OIS.  I don't know if it's possible to turn off OIS for a photo.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

I see many people also reporting issues with S21 camera so I am not alone.  I could also ask those of you saying you don't have any issues what model/variant/chipset you have because if it's not the US Unlocked model or a different variant, it's running different software.

0 Likes
Elodam
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

My photos are consistently blurry no matter what I do ... I cannot take a picture of my kids; even when they try to hold still any movement results in a blurry image. 

0 Likes
userJUksbN98Qh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Have you seen any improvement on this? Just got my S21 Ultra today, and with 3x zoom it's basically unusable for taking family photos.

0 Likes
Elodam
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I can't use the primary (108 MP) for photos with any motion, they blur badly ... I can use the other lenses without issue.
0 Likes