Original topic:

S21 Downloads Disappearing

(Topic created on: 3/3/21 4:09 AM)
user9ugc4ycTX3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have a new S21 and have been using it for a month now and I have tried everything to download PDFs sent to me. I can view them from the swipe down at the top of the screen but they do not show in my downloads folder. I have set permissions to allow this in various apps, I use MS Edge on my phone and MS Office to view them but once looked at and closed they disappear unless I open the email again.  Any help greatly appreciated.

6 Replies
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey, 

@user9ugc4ycTX3,

This really depends on the email app we're using. I'm using three different accounts, Gmail, Outlook and AT&T. All three have a download option for file attachments. Gmail adds a download icon and Google drive icon to the right of attached file so it's easy to spot. Microsoft Outlook we tap on the attached file and it opens a download screen. AT&T uses yahoo it brings up the download screen the same way Outlook does. All three download to the download folder in internal storage.

Best regards, 

CLF 

0 Likes
userBSDeztfSUH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I use Outlook, press download and it says download complete but it appears nowhere in my files or downloads in My Files, it's a complete mystery.

CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey, 

@userBSDeztfSUH,

Yeah that's strange the download manager shouldn't have any problems with that. 

Did you install the outlook app or did you set it up using the Samsung email app?

You might try going online and signing in to outlook using your Microsoft account credentials. Send yourself an email with a pdf attachment, once it comes in try and download it. 

If the Outlook app is installed you might try clearing the apps cache files. If there synced or backed up you might try clearing the apps data as a last resort. 

CLF 

0 Likes
userBSDeztfSUH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I installed the Outlook app when I got the phone , I have decided that when I get a PDF I can view it from the swipe down at the top, then I can save it from there if I want to instead of automatically saving it. 

0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey, 

@userBSDeztfSUH,

That's a good option. I used Samsung Notes to open one and saved it. Thanks for the reply it'll help others with the same issue. 

Take care, 

CLF 

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I installed Outlook, sent myself a PDF and Outlook saved it to my downloads directory.  There is no setting that I could find to change the download directory.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes