Original topic:

S21 FE dual sim / eSim not working in US

(Topic created: 04-07-2022 01:27 PM)
sasankam
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I just purchased a Samsung s21 FE from the Samsung store. Before purchasing, I clearly asked whether this supports Dual sim or not. Asked from two different sales reps and they both said this supports dual sim. But after getting the phone I found out this does not support dual sim or e-sim support out of the box. One tech support person said this will be solved with a software update in the future. (Btw this has a physical dual sim try. Model SM-G990U1/DS)

When will this update rollout? The phone was released on January 11, and still no dual sim/ esim functionality. it has been 4 months now. 

I would appreciate it if some responsibe person from Samsung could answer this and give a better explanation on this. I will not satisfied with a "it will update soon". Give us an ETA. When it will be out. If it more than months, I will leave Samsung. I had a similar experience with my old Samsung also. This will be last time I'm staying with Samsung.

Why you guys are not saying this info before purchasing. Really disappointed with Samsung.

---------
More on Samsung irresponsible sales reps and tech support.

When I was first informed about not working 2nd SIM, they asked me to return and give me a new phone. No dual sim or E-sim function.

When I informed them again, they asked me to go to a repair shop. (which was 30 min drive for me)

But finally, one Samsung tech support person give me the above info. Even that was after 1 hour of call.
0 Replies