Original topic:

S21+ Front Camera Dark Section in Photo

(Topic created: 07-27-2021 06:18 PM)
John_G
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi all,

I got my S21+ around 6 months ago, and just recently when taking photos, I get a darker section appear in the photo. It is not visible in the preview and am able to take photos without the issue as well. See some example photos:

Example Photos 

See in the photos how the dark section appears, and then the following photo has no issue. This has happened the last couple of times I've taken photos, however I cannot recreate the issue if I try.

Could this be a hardware/warranty issue or something else?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
contryken72
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I't so happeneds that I was one of the last ones who purchased the S20 .So I thought is there a way to put the S21 app into the S20 .I know the Guy's that put these phones together are Reilly smart,ken mc daniel
0 Likes
henfredemars
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
This looks to me almost like a hardware issue, like you're not getting a good connection with the camera sensor.
0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

do you have Exynos variant? I think this is a known issue for the Exynos variants for now sadly.. hopefully, this will be fixed soon 

0 Likes
John_G
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

@Blue7 Looking at Settings>About, my model is SM-G991B. Correct that is Exynos

Is this a new bug? Is it fairly common amongst these processors?

Are there any quick fixes while I wait for an update (besides taking burst shots and hoping for  1 good photo haha)

0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

nah im not sure if there is a quick fix for this issue.. you can see other posts from reddit.com as well or you can google it

i'd submit an error report on samsung members app > + button > error report

have you tried it in safe mode? 

0 Likes
John_G
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

@Blue7 can't really find any similar errors by searching google. Also can't recreate the problem when I try so safe mode might not help me.

Will probably report it and see how I go. 

Can you get Snapdragon variants in Australia?

0 Likes