JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Messenger wont show incoming calls.

(Topic created: 10-31-2021 07:31 AM)
Johnny1234
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I have a Galaxy S21 Ultra . After the updates my Facebook messenger won't show incoming messenger calls poping up on screen anymore.   I can hear it ring but have to open the screen then open messenger and scroll to the top. I tried searching here and on Google for solutions. I've done every solution I could find and it still won't work. These are the things I've done.  I went to app setting and under calls activated the

1-Messenger - Appear on top-activate 

2-permissions phone-Allow 

3-messenger notifications -messenger/incoming calls-allow

4-mesenger notifications/calls in progress/show as  pop up-activated 

5-mesenger notifications/show alerts-activated

Is there any other setting that I can activate to fix this? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey I can see that you have done alot of troubleshooting with this issue already. Clearing the cache and uninstalling. I recommend at this point reaching out to the developer of the app. You will be able to find their contact information in the play store.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
GOAT12TB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It shouldn't do that but you should report it to the makers of the app
0 Likes
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
(phone) Settings > FB Mess

Force Stop, lower right

Storage, Clear Cache

Storage, Clear Data
0 Likes
Johnny1234
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Just did that rebooted and still no luck
0 Likes
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Yea, that would be the first step to try.

If you haven't already, might try this (should be done anyway, every so often)

Press and hold Side key until you see Power Off - select it to power off the phone.

Now, off to the Maintenance (Recovery) screen:

Press and HOLD the Volume Up key, and while holding, press and HOLD the Side key.

When the Samsung splash screen appears, release both keys. Within a few seconds, you'll see the Maintenance screen, with a number of menu options.

Use the Volume Down key to highlight Wipe Cache Partition. Press Side key, select "Yes".

Now, Use Volume key to highlight "Repair Apps" (should be last menu option). Use Side key to select it.

The phone will automagically restart. Let the phone settle down for a couple of minutes.

... retry
0 Likes
maxnuckles
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Try uninstalling messenger and reinstalling it and are you sure you don't have to make it your default
Johnny1234
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
The phone has always been the default before and messenger would pop up. After Samsung updates now it doesn't even though I have evey setting I could find set to allow popups
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey I can see that you have done alot of troubleshooting with this issue already. Clearing the cache and uninstalling. I recommend at this point reaching out to the developer of the app. You will be able to find their contact information in the play store.

View solution in context

0 Likes