Original topic:

S21 - My Last Samsung Phone

(Topic created: 09-15-2021 09:38 AM)
me_adrian
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
My Galaxy S10 had a hardware issue and so I was essentially forced upgrade to a Galaxy S21. I didn't have time do any research on the new phones because I needed a replacement ASAP for work (Edited). So i was extremely disappointed when I found out Samsung got rid of expandable memory. I had to return the phone to the Tmobile store and then order one with a larger size through Samsung.com. I was then even more dissappointed when i realized they had gotten rid of MST in Samsung pay. And i figured this out the hard way when I was trying to buy groceries and forgot my wallet and tried using Samsung pay and it wasn't working. 

I don't understand why Samsung is getting rid of all the features that seperate them from everyone else. Stop trying to be like Apple. I've been buying Samsung phones since the S4 and I bought them because they had features that the iPhones and other Android phones didn't have. Now what seperates you from everyone else? Nothing. At least nothing that i care about. So now the next time i upgrade I will be looking at Apple or other Android phones like the Pixel 6. 

Also i don't want to carry around a 6.9" inch phone to have the latest and greatest specs. I have big hands but I hate the large phones and i hate that in order to get the best tech i have to purchase what feels like a small tablet. 
8 Replies
SupremeWatts
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't get how you are blaming Samsung for your lack of research my friend.
Technology evolves and changes every day, you aren't allowed to complain about things that advance to get better. In your instance you should have went note 20 to get the benefits you requested. And sorry your hands are small lol
me_adrian
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Im not blaming Samsung for my lack of research. I'm blaming them for getting rid of features that made them different from everyone else. They were the only phone manufacturer doing MST and that was the MAIN reason i kept buying them. And then they nixed the expandable storage but require you to get a huge phone if you want 512GB. DUMB. I would have gladly paid premium price for a maxed out phone with a smaller screen size. Also if i'm complaining about screensize why would you suggest a Galaxy Note? My S21 is 6.2" ... and i did try and find S20 after i returned the the S21 Ultra but i could only find the S20FE and it would have taken too long to get to me. So i went with a phone I had history with as i didn't have time to research.
SupremeWatts
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
NFC payments are beginning to before very standard in most major stores and places so keeping MST technology in a phone really doesn't make too much sense

And also cloud storage deals with one drive probably had something to do with getting rid of sd card storage, does it stink? Sure. But there are alternative ways. At the end of the day you didn't do research and came to this forum to complain lol I just don't see how you have the right to complain but I hope they come out with a small enough phone to meet your needs
0 Likes
me_adrian
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I would have complained/submitted feedback somewhere even if I had done the research and never bought the new S21 series. The point of my post was to provide feedback to samsung as I couldn't find another method to do so. Samsung is making a mistake and will be losing customers because of it IMO, myself being one of them. And at this point having a smaller more powerful phone won't cut it anymore, they need to have useful tech that no other phones have. That's why I've stuck with them until now. And at this point they no longer stand out to me.
0 Likes
SuperOvni
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Kill the MST is a mortal blow, after that I can't see my Samsung Ultra like a special device....now is common device. And they do the same with the watches, only the S3 Frontier has a MST technology and don't support the blood pressure in all region... starting with USA.
Options
Galaxy S21
When the MST and other previous functions become obsoleted, then what's the point? Features like this can't last forever when barely any other part of the world still has it. And for the SD card slot? Just get a model with the biggest internal storage. And like others said, you need to do your research on the phones that were already released, but if you want to join in with "Apple" and some sort, go ahead and switch to a manufacturer grouped up with people who don't know the specs of their own device. Sometimes it's better to think ahead of your own actions.
0 Likes
me_adrian
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Bro I work in IT, I almost always research tech before I buy it. But I didn't have time to research as my phone broke and I needed a new one for work ASAP. I also have a Windows desktop, Linux desktop, Google pixel book and 2 macbooks, im well versed with technology. And just because you own Apple products doesn't mean you aren't well versed in tech or don't do research. Also MST isn't obsolete in the U.S, if it was I wouldn't be complaining about it. And like I said i can't get a Samsung phone with more storage without having to get a phone with a much larger screen and I don't want a larger screen. I shouldn't have to choose between getting a smaller screen or getting a phone with more ram & internal memory.
CrisGarcia6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
We want them to bring back the MicroSD card and MST on the S22 series