Original topic:

S21 Notification Sound Help Request

(Topic created: 07-30-2021 10:34 AM)
JTPLong
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello Everyone! 

I just upgraded to an S21 after my S9 stopped working. On my S8 I had different notification sounds for email, text messages, chat messages, Ring notifications and a few other applications. 

On my S21 everything is default to one sound. I went in to the different apps and tried assigning individual notifications sounds this way but I still get the default notice sound. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you! 
4 Replies
userObYPtmEGbV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I up graded to an S10 ,I know it's not the newest but hey you know! The problem now is that I'm getting all sorts of ROBO CALLS!!
0 Likes
TONLOV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hey GREAT feedback. I'm in the exact situation
0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

for messages app: press and hold the app > info button > notifications > press new messages > sound > select desired ringtone

for gmail: press and hold the app > info button > notifications > press mail > sound > select desired ringtone

it should be similar steps for other apps as well. not a lot of people know that you can actually go into another setting when you press the name of the notification categories. 

0 Likes
Will-i-am702
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Setting - apps- hit any app you want to change notifications - click notification make sure they are on-and them it will let you know the notification - then click on wish notification such as incoming messages -sounds chose any sound you want
0 Likes