Original topic:

S21 Overheating False Alarm

(Topic created on: 3/14/21 6:55 PM)
Samsung_Op0afTi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello there,

I see some posts with new S21 series phone overheating and such, but I have something opposite. My phone reports itself as overheating when it is not overheating at all.

Observation:
My test is to run two games multi-window at the same time. Phone starts to report itself overheating at about 43°C CPU temperature. When I touch the phone, it is not hot at all and it feels like the same temperature. When overheating is reported, multi-window gets closed.
I have my old S10e on the side. For this phone, it starts reporting overheating at more than 60°C degrees temperature. The threshold temperature is very obvious between those phones while comparing side by side.

What I also tried:
I let my phone sitting in the fridge for a few minutes and cooled it down to ~10°C. After that, it takes significantly longer for it to overheat. The temperature still seems to be about 43°C.

My question:
Is this supposed to be happening? What is the threshold of overheating? It does not really make sense when my phone overheats at about forty degrees Celsius.

My phone:
US model unlocked, S21 regular model.

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

which games were you playing at the same time? you should report it via samusng members app if it's giving you a false noti 

0 Likes
Samsung_Op0afTi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

It happens on multiple games, or benchmark plus a windowed app. A good example is double Pokemon Go.

0 Likes