Original topic:

S21 Performance issues with Fortnite

(Topic created on: 2/7/21 8:28 AM)
ChaosTechNet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
So I have both the S20 Ultra and S21 Ultra both Snapdragon variants. On my S20 Ultra I have never had issues with Fortnite. On my S21 Ultra, I notice huge performance issues and latency that is not sue to network issues as only the S21 Ultra does it. The game will kind of freeze for a few seconds randomly like it's about to crash and then all.of a sudden go back to normal. Sometimes the Frames Per Seconds drop for no reason even though on the S20 Ultra this doesn't happen. I downloaded the Samsung Adrendo driver app from the Google Play Store but it doesn't fix it. It says it's only for the S20 and Note 20. Is it not optimized for the S21 series yet? Now I am experiencing Xbox Bluetooth Controller latency that is pretty bad. Maybe this needs addressed in a software update or maybe my phone is defective? I have Enhanced Processing enabled. Help Samsung?
14 Replies
COStDaking
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
wow thats strange maybe its just a glitch cause the phones came out not that long ago... idk tho... thats definitely interesting
0 Likes
ChaosTechNet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah, I don't have these problems when playing on my s20 ultra. I have both.
COStDaking
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
they really should fix it in the next system update... I have an A51 and i love it runs so smoothly... tho I dont have fortnite
0 Likes
userOAUEhvXyPP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the same problem on my s21 ultra 512 Gb european model.

0 Likes
ChaosTechNet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I found that unpairing the controller in bluetooth settings and then repairing it fixes the controller problem. have to do it everytime before you play though. Super annoying.
0 Likes
useri04coyv6w7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I am having the same problem with my S21 Ultra Snapdragon.  Mine is going a step further, though.  Sometimes I get the 1-2 second pauses then it resumes, but other times it is freezing for a few seconds then crashing the phone and it reboots.  After these full crashes, I have to re-download and re-install the full 8gb game.  I was really not expecting this on a brand new device.  I never had this problem with the Note 10+ 5G I upgraded from.

I've even tried lowering FPS to 20 and setting quality at medium and 3D resolution at 50%.  It's gotten so bad after the last update that it's crashing before I even get to the matchmaking island.

0 Likes
ChaosTechNet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Mine does the 1-2 second pause then resume thing. But I don't get crashes. You need to boot up in recovery and clear your cache and then choose repair apps. Hold the power and volume up button when turning it on then let go once it says Samsung.
0 Likes
useri04coyv6w7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I'll give that a try.  Thanks for the tip.

0 Likes
CaraDut38
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I am having the same problems!! I will be running and I'll randomly stop several times in the game. Also have issues looking around. It is driving me nuts!! I had no issues on my Galaxy S10. Your phone is definitely not defective. I'll play any other game and it works flawless! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've contacted Epic and they said to delete and reinstall. Didn't fix anything.
0 Likes