Original topic:

S21 Performance issues with Fortnite

(Topic created on: 2/4/21 4:33 AM)
ChaosTechNet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
So I have both the S20 Ultra and S21 Ultra both Snapdragon variants. On my S20 Ultra I have never had issues with Fortnite. On my S21 Ultra, I notice huge performance issues and latency that is not sue to network issues as only the S21 Ultra does it. The game will kind of freeze for a few seconds randomly like it's about to crash and then all.of a sudden go back to normal. Sometimes the Frames Per Seconds drop for no reason even though on the S20 Ultra this doesn't happen. I downloaded the Samsung Adrendo driver app from the Google Play Store but it doesn't fix it. It says it's only for the S20 and Note 20. Is it not optimized for the S21 series yet? Now I am experiencing Xbox Bluetooth Controller latency that is pretty bad. Maybe this needs addressed in a software update or maybe my phone is defective? I have Enhanced Processing enabled. Help Samsung?
14 Replies
ChaosTechNet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Are you playing with a Controller? unpair it and repair it right before load Fortnite everytime and it should fix it. It will still freeze for a couple seconds when the match starts though after jumping off the Battle Bus.
0 Likes
CaraDut38
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm actually not playing with a controller
0 Likes
ChaosTechNet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
That's weird. is it a S21 Ultra USA phone?
0 Likes
CaraDut38
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes S21 Ultra Snapdragon version too
0 Likes
ChaosTechNet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
you need to go into your game optimizer settings and make it so it doesn't throttle your CPU. then you need to download the game plugins extensions from the Galaxy store app and you need to have it optimize all of your games for performance.
0 Likes