Original topic:

S21 Randomly freezes and restarts

(Topic created on: 4/20/21 11:38 PM)
LKHailey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Since I got this thing in January, it will randomly freeze up, then go to a black screen, then restart. Often it will do this over and over several times, freezing up at various points in the restart process. Sometimes it gets to the home screen for a few minutes before freezing and restarting again. After a while, it will be stable for a few hours before doing it again. 

I reset to factory settings, and within minutes it did it again. Same in Safe Mode. 

I contacted Sprint. They said it would need repair or replacement under Samsung warranty. The local (45 miles away) authorized repair places say they only replace broken screens and batteries - they don't do hardware repairs. Samsung wants me to mail in my phone, and after 3 weeks or so, I might get it back - which is NOT acceptable in the least. Who can go for 3 weeks without a phone these days? 

Has anyone had a phone with this issue and had it repaired? Or replaced? What was the end result? 

I swear this is the last Samsung product I am ever buying. Infuriating and horrible customer service! 

3 Replies
sethomas1975
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Having similar issue, got mine in February and it worked fine for me until the end of March when google pushed their webview update. I factory resetnnot knowing what the issue was and since then I get random restarts. Sent crash logs and Samsung said a possible DRAM issue and to take to a repair center (ubreakifix) which I did. They said no hardware issues and is definitely a software issue (have already done at least 3 factory resets). They couldn't say what was the problem though and said they pushed some updates. Well a little less than 24 hours later and problem is back. I refuse to send my phone in for weeks and possibly not even get my problem resolved. I have 290 days of my 365 days warranty left. I want a new phone! This is my 6th or 7th Samsung phone and never have I ever had issues like this. AT&T told me 1st to go to Samsung since it's under warranty. They said if they replaced my phone it may be a reconditioned one. So annoyed!!! Have you found out anything more?
LKHailey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I got nowhere with Samsung. They don't care about us - their customer is the cell phone company that is the vendor for them, not us little folk. So, I went total Karen on Sprint via Twitter, and they finally escalated me to someone who could get things done. They arranged for me to swap the phone in a store, and they will send the old one to Samsung under the warranty. 

Keep raising **bleep**. Utilize social media. Don't take no for an answer. The cell phone company is selling defective merchandise - it's up to them to make it right. They sell us these phones on the premise that we will run our lives with them, then they expect us to just go without for 3 - 4 weeks? No way. If they refuse to help, tell them you're going to the BBB to get a resolution. That's what made Sprint escalate my complaints, and get things done. After that, they were amazing. 

sethomas1975
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah, I agree. Just sent a report along with some demands which was supposed to be escalated. If I don't hear by Monday afternoon when I get off work that they are replacing my phone,then I had fully planned on demanding AT&T replace exactly as you had stated Sprint was doing. No reason they can't. Ridiculous that they'd expect us to send in our phone for an undetermined amount of time. They should be the ones going after Samsung to recoup their money or new phone,not me. I should not have had to even waste my own time running to a Samsung repair center. I wasted a day going to AT&T I. The beginning, because they said I should go after Samsung.
0 Likes