Original topic:

S21 Restarting Often

(Topic created on: 4/17/21 8:25 AM)
Josearroyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Since the Webview issue, my apps are doing fine but the phone is now restarting randomly,  as often as twice daily. 
I'd hate to have to replace the phone since that would require reinstalling all my apps. Especially security apps for work means getting a new device approved, which is a pain!
20 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21

does it reboot in the safe mode? what's your current software version? does it reboot while you're using certain apps?

0 Likes
Josearroyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
It has, so far, happened when I haven't been using the phone. I've looked down and noticed it's rebooting. I have sent in the reports when it has happened
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

As mentioned above, the next step is to boot to Safe Mode and see if the problem persists.  If it doesn't then the phone should be OK and you'll have to determine which app is the culprit.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Josearroyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
@bill-e I've tried rebooting in safe mode but, without a specific problem, it's difficult to determine a specific app or cause.
When I woke up this morning, for example, I saw that the phone had crashed and rebooted overnight. I am not sure how to determine what the offending app is. This started with the issues with Webview and was never an issue previously. I have the same programs running in my phone now that I had before.
Since the reboot is happening randomly, it's not displaying any clearly identifiable behavior that gives warning that it is going to restart. When it restarts, I'm usually not even on my phone using a particular app.
I have uploaded my logs every time it happens but hand not received a response.
Of course, while in safe mode, my phone is virtually useless so any length of time in this state is off work!
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Josearroyo 

The Safe Mode suggestion was to try to narrow down if it was a phone issue or an app.

If the restart happens when in Safe Mode then really the only next step is a Factory Reset.

You have two options thee, Factory Reset and restore your phone from backup.  If the phone starts to behave then you won and you're done.

If not then another Factory Reset but this time without restoring from backup and slowly installing and testing your apps.

I don't work for Samsung and cant respond to your comment about not getting answers.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
Josearroyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Of course, to do this, I'd need to take my phone offline for an indeterminate number of hours since the reboot is random.
0 Likes
sethomas1975
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Man I hope you find a solution,because I started having the same issue and am going insane. I just submitted a crash report. It definitely is not app specific and is software or hardware related. I have done 3 factory resets and the last one I didn't restore settings just im case that was the caue and still freezing and rebooting. Asw even updated again the other day and for almost 2 days my phone was good and thought it fixed it,but issue came back.
Josearroyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I feel your pain. Mine doesn't have any identifiable cause, I'll be at my desk and my smart watch will beep, indicating it's disconnected from the phone. I'll check my phone and see that's its rebooted. I wouldn't have touched my phone or had any interaction.
0 Likes
sethomas1975
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Same, except I wear a Bluetooth hearing protection headset and all of a sudden my music cuts off. Other morning woke up and phone had restarted while I was sleeping. Just now I couldn't launch any apps and had to shutdown and clear cache.