Original topic:

S21 Restarting Often

(Topic created on: 4/17/21 9:09 AM)
Josearroyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Since the Webview issue, my apps are doing fine but the phone is now restarting randomly,  as often as twice daily. 
I'd hate to have to replace the phone since that would require reinstalling all my apps. Especially security apps for work means getting a new device approved, which is a pain!
Josearroyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I wear hearing aids that are Bluetooth as well.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

report it on samsung members app when the issue happens again

Josearroyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Since this is now a daily occurrence, I've contacted T-Mobile for a warranty replacement. I know it's only $5 but, really, for a phone less than 6
45 days old? I'll get a refurbished phone most likely, which does not sit well with me. The person on the phone says it would be mailed to the closest store, which should already have it in stocks, so any I have to wait 3-5 business days is beyond me.
0 Likes
Josearroyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I haven't rebooted into safe mode in ages, certainly not since the latest revs of the newer Galaxies. Any advice on how that's accomplished in S21?
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Simple, pull down the top menu twice to reveal the power button, tap it.  Now press and hold the red Power Off button until the green Safe mode button appears and tap that.  It will restart in Safe Mode.  To return to normal just restart.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
Josearroyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I've tried rebooting in safe mode but, without a specific problem, it's difficult to determine a specific app or cause.
When I woke up this morning, for example, I saw that the phone had crashed and rebooted overnight. I am not sure how to determine what the offending app is. This started with the issues with Webview and was never an issue previously. I have the same programs running in my phone now that I had before.
Since the reboot is happening randomly, it's not displaying any clearly identifiable behavior that gives warning that it is going to restart. When it restarts, I'm usually not even on my phone using a particular app.
I have uploaded my logs every time it happens but hand not received a response.
0 Likes
Josearroyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Almost midnight, while I was sleeping

Screenshot_20210417-100641_Samsung Members_14180.jpg

0 Likes
Constantino_A
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S21

@Josearroyo  I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your device and I see suggestions on a possible fix. If you wouldn't mind have you updated your google play store and if you have google chrome as well of course webview as well . Please let me know if this is a solution for you if not I will see if I can look into this further for you .

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.
INFO:
For service options, please reach out to us via one of the following options: 1. Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport 2. Twitter: https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513- 3. Private Message: http://bit.ly/2XERsky
Josearroyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you Constantino. I just did a warranty replacement today. I haven't completed entering in all the passwords yet. I received the replacement 4 hours ago. I just looked down and my phone was in the process of rebooting!
Arggggg!
0 Likes
Josearroyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I posted this on another thread but it is related to this issue:
I received my warranty replacement today,  about 4 hours ago. I haven't even logged into all my apps yet! Is the S21 a lost cause? I just looked down at my phone and it was rebooting! The problem started with my first S21 I purchased on March 11th with Webview issue beginninga few days later. That issue should be resolved by now. It seemed to be resolved, then the random rebooting began. 

Am I going to be forced to delete every one of my apps and reinstall one by one? For my work, I have to have Teams, Outlook, authenticator, a company portal, etc. These are apps that are registered to the company's network, so resetting them is a total pain. 

My watch has to be wiped too!

I upgraded from S20 and never had any problems with that or previous Galaxy S series phones. 
0 Likes