JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Screen scratches normal use

(Topic created: 02-13-2021 08:27 PM)
userTI1kDLb6Vm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Galaxy s21 ultra has the worst Screven of any galaxy.. my screen has already scratched from completely normal usage.  I have not dropped the phone.  I wish I would not have pre-ordered a phone that wasn't tested.  I'm so disappointed and I've got a huge price tag.

Not one of my previous Galaxy phones have ever done this.  It affects viewing and usage.  I am urging everyone I know to stay away from this flagship phone.   I was assured by Samsung.com customer service that this is the strongest glass and very scratch resistant.  

12 Replies
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
I fully agree, but back when Blackberry was the top dog, had insurance & screen was scratched, & told it's still good. I learned my lesson. 1 Never again buy insurance. 2. Always buy a screen protector, regardless of what manufacturers say

you could always try a repair shop to fix the screen
0 Likes
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
My S10+ came with a thin-film protector from the factory... this 21 Ultra does not.

I will buy one ... no scratches at the moment.

https://www.androidcentral.com/best-samsung-galaxy-s21-ultra-screen-protectors/
MattH665
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Sorry dude but you do not know what you are talking about, you've done something silly to scratch your screen. The screen scratches no more easily than any other glass screen. As proven on JerrryRigEverything's test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4wrxLVs3eU

Same result as any other Gorolla glass screen in the scratch test.

Its time to Durability test the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G. Grab your teardown skin here: https://dbrand.com/teardown Samsung has once again released a top ...
ilai
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
no Im having the same issues as him, never dropped the phone and never let it out of my sight, a week later I can count 15 scratches
userhxJsKEcFh5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Im also having the same issues.  My first galaxy was the s5, and not a single one scratched as easy as this.    My keys rubbed against my s21 ultra  in my pocket and theres a scratch on the glass.  My s10 never had any issues and it spent plenty of time in my pocket with keys.  Maybe it's shatter resistant or whatever they tested for,  but it in my case,  it sure scratches extremely easy - much more then what I'd consider normal. 

userax4J8rM17K
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I had the same issue. less then 12 hours with the phone and several deep scratches. I thought there was a plastic protector because it scratched so easily. I've been using the S20 ultra almost a year with no protector, and not even one scratch close the the severity as the ones suffered in less than a day with the 21 ultra. I had since gotten a protector but the scratches still show through and is very irritating to look at. makes me wonder if there were bad batches of Gorilla glass Victus.
userjCbJlGOz8h
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Yep, can confirm there's a fault with the screen - even if it's just a faulty batch.

I had a screen protector on it from the get go but this fell of 5 days ago after getting wet. I ordered a new one to be delivered the next day.

Within 24hrs, my screen collected many, many scratches and I couldn't work out how the this had happened. I hadn't left the house and I hadn't put it anywhere where the screen could've possibly come into contact with something sharp!

After closer inspection, I realised the scratches were in the bottom right hand corner and were arched shape. The exact same location and shape that I make with my thumb when scrolling up and down through the phone.

It's unbelievable that the side of my fingernail has managed to scratch up the screen! The screen is, therefore, clearly unfit for purpose so I will be submitted a warranty claim and won't touch the screen again unless it has a screen protector on it!

usernb5dHG2zl6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

i have the same problem as your phone, the screen scratch during daily use, it could be scratch in my pocket.

my S7 didn't have any scratch. 

Solution
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

We have had people get scratches in what they thought was their screen but it ws in fact a nearly invisible thin film screen protector that was installed from the factory that was getting scratched.  My USA version didn't come with it but apparently it's quite difficult to tell it's there unless you're really looking for it.  I'm hoping that at least a few of you have this and that your screen is OK.

Good luck,

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)

View solution in context