Original topic:

S21 Ultra 512 Video Freezing

(Topic created: 11-13-2021 10:12 AM)
Stevesweb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
My S21 videos freeze and audio continues on most all apps and browser! There are so many complaints about this, it would seem something can be done about a Flagship phone that cost me about $1,400 US. This is so aggravating having to restart almost all videos.

I have cleared the Cache and completed all of the other suggestions on Samsung Members and other sites. Nothing has helped.

S21 Ultra, 512GB, ANDROID 11.

8 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
This seems to be a recent issue. I wonder what's causing it.
Stevesweb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Not sure but mine has been doing it for a while. Before the last security update. I wouldn't mind trying the 12 Beta but the link has not shown up in my Samsung Members carousel, like they say.
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
The Beta one program is closed, but a final Android 12 one UI 4.0 firmware will be released soon, I have seen dates on November 23 but I am not completely sure yet
0 Likes
jimmyyyy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the same problem since October, i also missed the beta update so i dont know what to do.
0 Likes
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Known issue ... please report it ...
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
I was able to fix some of the video issues by cleaning the phone's cache and then running the option in the recovery screen to repair all applications, then I installed the Samsung Good Guardian's application and was able to use the tools within the app to boost application performance and then used the memory Guardian to free up more system memory than the standard device care application, not sure if how long it will last but so far no problems
Stevesweb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for the reply. I have tried your fix. I was not aware of the Good Guardians app. Unfortunately, it has not changed the video freezing behavior. I have watched videos a little closer to find they all seem to freeze about the same few seconds after starting. Also, if one doesn't freeze it jumps at the same time mark, as if it was going to freeze, but continues. Thanks again for the tips.
0 Likes
Stevesweb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I received the One UI 4 Android 12 Upgrade a couple of days ago. (US T-Mobile) The videos have stopped freezing. I do notice videos still have a jump, like a brief pause about 2 seconds in. It is where the videos use to freeze.
0 Likes