Original topic:

S21 Ultra Camera Distorting Images

(Topic created: 08-07-2022 06:04 PM)
usergBc9v93QM4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
My camera is distorting images of people and pets faces. The noses and faces seem to be exaggerated. I sent an error report, but I wonder if anyone else is having this issue? This is a pic of my dog; his nose is about 1/3 that size (and a typical nose/size). Help. Thank you. 

13 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Which lens was that?  It  looks like the software isn't applying lens correction for it. 

Try clearing the Camera app cache. 

Have you reset the phone? (Pwr  + Vol Up keys) 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
usergBc9v93QM4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
It's the 1x lens. I have not tried those steps. Thank you.
usergBc9v93QM4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Bill, I can't seem to get a response when I hold the Vol Up + Pwr key. Thoughts?
0 Likes
TJET5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
This combination should be pressed AFTER the phone is completely off
usergBc9v93QM4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you!
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@usergBc9v93QM4 Sorry, I mis spoke.  It's Power and Vol down for the reset.  The Vol up gets you to the recovery ment.  And Power + Vol Down should be used when the tablet is on.... Don't remember if it works when it's off.  It provides a warm reset as opposed to a restart

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
usergBc9v93QM4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Darn! These steps did not fix it. Thoughts? 🙏
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@usergBc9v93QM4 Hold those keys down until the system reboots

Bill
---
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

That Pic looks like an ultra wide, almost fisheye distortion which may be the natural unmodified Pic from the lens which is why I'm Guessing that the lens correction is not applied or corrupted and hopefully the reset will fix things. 

Bill
---
0 Likes