Original topic:

S21 Ultra - Camera is blurry when in 1x Zoom - tried everything

(Topic created: 06-13-2022 11:32 AM)
PLfan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

My camera is blurry only in 1x zoom.  "focus enhancement" keep going on and off.  It started a month ago.

I have done all the recommendations:

I have played with all the settings, thoroughly cleaned the lens with microfiber cloth, reset only the camera app, Cleared cache, started in safe mode, went to Best Buy....now the dreaded factory reset...

It is ONLY the 1x

The 1x zoom works for 2 minutes then when I shut down the app and then use it again, the default 1x zoom is blurry.  It half comes back with the focus enhancer (two yellowdots left of the snap button).

PLEASE help with a solution.  The phone isn't a year old and I will not spend the rest of my time resetting the app to take a picture.

8 Replies
HawaiianSavage
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
It could be a hardware issue. Do you have a uBreakiFix near you?
0 Likes
PLfan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I was sent to a best buy.  They were nice but played around with the settings.  Would the HW issue result in the focus not working, then it works after the reset (for a few minutes)?  Asking as it is a little of a drive to uBF.  Thanks

HawaiianSavage
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes it could be. You can also reinstall the software using Odin if you're tech savvy
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

have you tried it in safe mode? 

Submit an error report after replicating the issue
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

0 Likes
PLfan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Tried safe mode. Same result. Hard reset did nothing either. In fact hard reset wasn't helpful.
0 Likes
PLfan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

More insight from the original poster - If I look at my monitor on 1x zoom, it is blurry.  Still with 1x zoom and I do a close up of my keyboard, it flickers and the "focus enhancer" (two yellow dots together left of the .6,1,3,10 zoom labels) turns on and the picture is crystal clear.  Then when I pull it back, the "focus enhancer" turns off, it flickers and goes blurry...

0 Likes
userVBciwKCSL8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I am having similar problem the camera shows blurry images in 1x zoom but is good in 0.5 and 3x zoom I am using S 20 FE

0 Likes
PLfan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah...when you read forums, this was a hot topic last year and is spiking now. I hope it is a software glitch. I submitted an error report and it was officially received. I hope the solution isn't having to buy an s22.