Original topic:

S21 Ultra Data and Screen Issues

(Topic created on: 3/4/21 5:48 AM)
jadams161
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

So I was in on the pre-order for the S21 Ultra. When I received my device I did the setup and began to use it as normal. Within a few days Sammy drops 2 firmware patches. After the second patch I begin to have issues with my mobile data just cutting out. I would have 3 or 4 bars and then nothing, zero connection. I called Samsung tech and Verizon. They could not fix the issue and blamed each other. Samsung had me install a regular 4G sim card as a test. Well huge mistake. That caused something in the phone to malfunction. I could no longer use wifi calling and got location errors. After hours on the phone with both companies, Verizon did the right thing and sent me a replacement device while Samsung refused to help me because I had it for 19 days. The new device is now working but I am still having the data issue. It really seems to be linked to the 5G setting. Verizon has removed the ability to select if you want global or LTE in the settings. I don't have 5G in my area and notice that after loosing connection it will briefly say 5G at the top. Hopefully they are aware of this and are working on an update.

Now as for the screen, I have had ghost touch issues very similar to what is occurring with the s20FE. I will say, select a text thread to delete and it will select ALL of the threads displayed on the screen. I do not have a screen protector on. Samsung really seems to be having QC and development issues lately. I never had either issue on my s7, s8, s8+, s9+ or Note 20.

6 Replies
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Good to see Verizon got you another Ultra. The data issue is interesting - I don't recall reading about this elsewhere.

My wife and I have an S21 and Ultra (both Unlocked) using AT&T network with no issues so far (using phones since first week of Feb).

I use Google Messages, but I did switch to Samsung Messages to test your "select thread" issue ... I don't see the issue here. Or is this issue related to the ghost touches?

How did you discover the ghost touch issue? And have you verified using, for example, the "Touch Screen Test" app from the Play Store?
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
I had my first instance of no connection with the error message stating that the phone wasn't registered with a carrier. I got it back by toggling Airplane mode.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
usercOpGrJqpKL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
now I'm afraid to keep the s21 ultra I was having so much problems with my s20fe multiple multiple text messages from people that they were not sending me multiples of and then I lost my Google Assistant and just got that back and I had no problems with my s7 note or the s7 edge through the nine plus so I have to agree I think that they're having quality control issues it's to the point where I'm afraid to update the phones:pensive_face:
0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

try report the issue on samsung members app

0 Likes
jadams161
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Verizon has many reports now coming in about these issues since the last time I spoke to tech support. I am hoping that it is just a bad update.

0 Likes
Psychowboy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm getting mad or paranaoid.

My Sony phone died in March, then I tought Samsung is a good choice, my wife has a Samsung.

I ordered a Samsung S20 FE, that was a nightmare, bad display, ghost touches.

I had a chance to sent it back. Then I tought, an expensive phone maybe a good choice to avoid the problems...No.

Samsung S21 Ultra overall a great phone, but I have similar problems:

Mobile data weaker than before what I used to (no 5g in my area), sometimes my wife has better signal then me (Samsung A5).

Randomly turned off the Vivid display settings to Natural.

Randomly turned on the blue light effect.

Today Randomly turned on the keyboard's speaker loud option.

I have sometimes ghost touches as well and device unresponsive, far not like on S20fe, but noticable and annoying.

I think I need to live with this, new phones are not perfect anymore.

I hope the updates will fix this and will not make more problems.

0 Likes